Audi DVD SatNav Plus and 512mb SD cards

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I currently have a 512Mb card and am also going to buy a 1Gb card, but it would be nice if I could treat them as a single 1.5Gb card rather than having to remember which songs are on which card smile.gif

Russ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Russ if you create top level folders for genre or band then it's dead easy to find anything and see what's on each card

Gonna get some 1Gb cards now!

Thanks guys. 5 days to go... woohoo...! I'm reading some bad threads on here though. People getting cars that have to go back to the dealer 10 times in the first couple of weeks... somebody just got their brand new cab delivered today and it was the wrong spec (only mildly, but still annoying).

I am one of those people that ALWAYS gets the broken one, or the one that breaks after a few days, or the one that doesn't work quite like it's meant to. Atleast on the bright side I'm expecting the worst so if it does turn up and there are bits missing/broken, it won't shock me wink.gif

It'll still p!%s me off though!

[ QUOTE ]

somebody just got their brand new cab delivered today and it was the wrong spec (only mildly, but still annoying).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm that person and to add insult to injury, I ordered a 1Gb SD card from Expansys yesterday and received a 1Gb MMC card this morning instead (incorrect label). Possibly not my day.

I believe MMC cards work too though the data transfer is slower - I have sent it back. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

[ QUOTE ]

I ordered a 1Gb SD card from Expansys yesterday and received a 1Gb MMC card this morning instead (incorrect label). Possibly not my day.

I believe MMC cards work too though the data transfer is slower - I have sent it back. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

[/ QUOTE ]

you should find that either is fast enough... speed is only really required by high resolution camera's, etc that need to dump huge amounts onto the card quickly, rather than trickle some music smile.gif

(make sure you have a read/writer too)

Just a note to say that I returned the incorrect card to Expansys by Royal Mail next day Special Delivery on Thursday afternoon - they received it on Friday and immediately despatched the correct card (arrived 8am Saturday morning!) - AND credited my credit card with the value of the return postage. Top marks to Expansys!

Well stuck some MP3s on the 1Gb card (a Kingmax) and stuck it in Slot2, instant recognition and works perfectly.

I found I have to rename the tracks on each album as 01,02, 03....... to keep the sequence of the original CD - otherwise they get sorted alphabetically.

Now I'm really glad I didn't order the £320 6 disc CD changer - I could get nearly three 1Gb cards for that - or 48 CDs worth.... cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

otherwise they get sorted alphabetically.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer them to be sorted alphabetically (unless the album has a certain theme or mix that needs them to be kept in the right order).

When I first switched to MP3's I did arrange them like the album but then realised there is no good reason for doing this - it's much better to be able to sort through both artist and song alphabetically as when you want to play a certain track you can find it much more easily!

What happens if the MP3 file name (including folder path) is greater than 64 characters then?

Answer: The DVD Nav Plus MP3 player simply ignores the track - 1 CD that I've ripped only had a single song on it......simple job to rename the songs with shorter titles though...........oh dohhhhhh!

• 1 year later...

A little bit of topic, but I was wondering what all you guys think to the DVD plus sat nav. I am about to trade my A4 in for a new one and was wondering if it is worth the extra cash.

I currently use a TomTom 500 - does anyone know how they compare?

• 1 month later...

I've splashed out and have 2x2GB SD cards in the slots and both work fine. Running about 64 albums in total, no need to change for a while but have a reserve 512 card just in case a I fancy a change.....

It is a worthwhile retro upgrade just for that capacity, but the Nav does come in handy... coffee.gif169144-ok.gif

Out of curiosity, how many albums can people store and subsequently access on a 2GB SD card?

I have managed to upload 32 albums on each but can only access approximately 23-24 of them, the last of the uploaded ones only having some of the tracks available (6 of 14 in this case).

I know people were commenting on the fact that you should only have so many albums on each card but I thought the list limit was 50+ per slot? confused.gif