Gutted !

Newbie123

As some of you may know (who read the BMW fourms) my Z4 is due to be delivered to me this week that was until the leasing company phoned me this morning.........

Apparently it is still at the BMW depot as it has been severely damaged during transit and is going to be written off frown.gif

To say I'm gutted is an understatement having waited nearly 5 months. Thankfully the leasing company have been great and have sorted some compensation out from the manufacturer and a replacement car is due in 3-4 weeks hopefully (was due to be a demo car for another dealership) and in the mean time they're going to sort me out with a replacement vehicle even though the contract doesn't cover that.

So while I feel depressed about the situation, I am at least comforted by the way in which the manufacturer and leasing company have handled the situation.

[ QUOTE ]

Feck!!! written off before you've even got it.....thats impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with that..someone's arse will be in a sling for that..how do you write off a car in transit..only ever heard of this happening with that Ferry that sank a few years ago with all the new Volvos etc on board. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well when I got my A4 it said it had 10 miles on it but the average consumption was 9MPG. How the hell do you get it that low, if I drove my S3 like a maniac I got about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But surely if its brand new it doesn't have a chance to do better mpg.. if its stop start or something?!?!

The new S3's I had showed 13-15 miles with an elapsed time of 50 minutes and 6mpg. The cars had not been driven except on and off the transporter other than at the factory, so the low return certainly comes from fuel consumption whilst idling (in the PDI and my own up to temperature checks).