[Audi A3/S3] 160mph and STILL going!!!

stevebalfe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Guys, your recents post are more than welcomed.

Thanks!!!!!

Thought i'd truly upset a lot of people!

[/ QUOTE ]

all you had to do was say "autobahn" instead of "motorway" 169144-ok.gif

of course you guys didnt have to drive so fast to race. most cars are limited, so if you have to race why not see who can get to 100mph fastest...then stop racing, do the mutual wave thingy and plod along again.

[ QUOTE ]

all you had to do was say "autobahn" instead of "motorway"

of course you guys didnt have to drive so fast to race. most cars are limited, so if you have to race why not see who can get to 100mph fastest...then stop racing, do the mutual wave thingy and plod along again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i know, now!! smashfreakB.gif

Respect

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you what.. I've done 160 and was cr@pping myself.. Christ knows what 241 is like EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Mind you I'd be scared at that speed and not being able to see over the steering wheel grin.gif

For what its worth I felt very comfortable when I went up to 155 on the Autobahnem4o. Liz didn't look too perturbed either 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you what.. I've done 160 and was cr@pping myself.. Christ knows what 241 is like EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Really? Mind you I'd be scared at that speed and not being able to see over the steering wheel grin.gif

For what its worth I felt very comfortable when I went up to 155 on the Autobahnem4o. Liz didn't look too perturbed either 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What were you doing with my wife? jump.gif

Right guys, its that time of the day where i need to be heading home. Sat in the office at the min doing bugger all except posting. To those of you who have been honest, i respect and thank you for it. For those of you who scorned and ranted on with your point of view (preaching) I thank you too and hope you all have clean driving licences like myself through careful driving ;-)

Right, im logging off now to make the 50mile journey home, but will log on again later tonight to see who else has either slagged me off or shared an experience.

Respect guys!

Steve

[ QUOTE ]

Also, in my opinion - anyone who drives at that kind of speed should be locked up. I admit, as I'm sure the majority of people on here will, that on occasion I've broken speed limits but 160mph is f*cking suicide suicide.gif. Fair enough if you kill yourself, but I don't want taken out by someone like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can drive down the M62/18/180 near where I live in the early hours and not pass a single vehicle. Law aside, if the road is clear, why should you get locked up for doing speeds like that?

It's quite possible to drive up to indicated speeds like the above and slow down again, if you come across a vehicle reversing towards you, and then speed up again once you've passed it.

I'd much rather people did speeds like that on clear roads, than drive 2inches off my back bumper on a busy one, which IMO is far more dangerous.

Still, each to their own smile.gif

What you gonna do at 160 if an animal runs out? Or there is a lump of debris on the motorway? Believe me I've had many journeys where I know deep down I've driven way to fast.But they have been at funny hours when the motorway has been clear.Even then I've been concentrating so hard incase one of the above situations arose that I've felt drowsy at the end of the journey.So how you can allow for every eventuality at 160 God only knows!

But hey,I'm not being judgemental,just stating facts.I'll be the first to admit I regularly speed on the motorway.The TT driver probably did back out because he was more interested in staying alive than proving his car was as quick.

I used to have a friend who was a top drawer driver and used to drive very very quickly.Used to regularly take his car to 175mph and think nothing of it.But let me tell you,however good he was he still put one car into the crash barriers on the M4 and rolled another.Luckily he and nobody else was hurt but it just shows,however good you are that split second is all it takes!

ATB

Mike

I've had a high speed crash that nearly killed me... at that point you realise it just isn't worth the risk. (it did take that to convince me though)

I don't understand how some people can grill one person for doing 150+ on a motorway as reckless and then hail the next man for doing 150+ on an autoban as heroic, just because one's legal and one isn't doesn't make it any safer. ices_blah.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Damn guys, crazy.gif He did something "Stupid", admitted it, and has said that he knows it was wrong smashfreakB.gif OK, it's done and gone slap.gif

UHOH7.GIF And anyway, I don't see the big deal.... in Summer, I do 150 or so regularly (and LEGALLY I might add the_finger.gif)

yelrotflmao.gifjump.gifbeerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Most number of smiley's in a post?? EEK2.GIF