OPTIMAX , im a winker now !

dazmondo

Taking a few hints from "jonnylarge", on the ploy to collect a shed load of cards ?.

Went ito my regular fill up shell garage,

£5.00 = 1 pack cards

filled up again

£5.00 = 1 pack of cards + strange look

Filled up again

£5.00 = 1 pack cards + disgusted look

Filled up again

£5.00 = 1 pack cards + what the hell am i playing at ?

filled up again

£5.00 + 1 pack cards + now your being a dick head !

filled up again

£5.00 + 1 pack cards + if you dont stop it were calling the police ? ooooooooooooh !!!!

Reply im going to keep on doing this until i fill the tank which is about £55.00, you could just give me the balance now in cards and i will fill it right up ,OR just carry on as i am, it`s my leagel right ? dunno if it was but still didnt work so i eventually spent £54.70, and ended up with 11 packs of cards and was called a wonker dickhead tosser and apparently the police were on there way, !!!

STILL DIDNT GET A FECKING EXIGE AFTER ALL THAT !!

openfire.gifsportifs2.gifFIREdevil.gifsmashfreakB.gifdung.gif123576-assfeck.gifNONO3.GIFznaika.gifslap.gifbuttcheeks.gifZZZ.gifbike.thumb.gifslap.gifUHOH7.GIFEEK2.GIFECLIPSe.gifyelrotflmao.gifiamwithstupid.gifices_blah.giflol.gifpengy.gifsmashfreakB.gifbeerchug.gifFlush.giftongue.giffekr.gifFIREdevil.gifjump.gifECLIPSe.gifSMOKE6.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Went to my regular fill up shell garage,

£5.00 = 1 pack cards

filled up again

£5.00 = 1 pack of cards

Filled up again

£5.00 = 1 pack cards

Filled up again

£5.00 = 1 pack cards

filled up again

£5.00 + 1 pack cards

filled up again

£5.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Pity the poor bastard behind you at the pumps. wink.gif

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

Good call! 169144-ok.gif

You could just remind them that the promo is ending this week and would they mind awfully handing over some extra packs of cards.

Nah, that'd be too easy... slap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried that on the previous visit, they said they could only give out 1 pack of cards per visit, SO thats what i did on this expedition, my car didnt even move and i gain`d 11 packs of cards, and gained an extra bloody 10 TVR`s SLEEP5.GIF

If they do this they are breaking the law, and you should report them!

Taken from the BACC website....

[ QUOTE ]

For copy clearance purposes, claims such as 'win X prize', 'your chance to win X', 'enter our fabulous competition to win X' etc. trigger the question 'Is the competition based on a substantial element of skill, whether mental or physical?'

If the answer is 'YES' (and this is relatively rare), it is legal for consumers to have to buy a product or service in order to enter the competition. Check, however, that there is skill throughout all stages of the competition, e.g. a general knowledge question and a tie-breaker where a panel of judges takes the decision on the final winner/s.

If the competition entails answering a general knowledge question (= skill) with all correct answers being put into a draw to determine the winner, this introduces an element of chance or luck. Such a competition is illegal where entry is conditional on consumers buying a product.

Usually, claims such as 'your chance to win X prize' etc. relate to prize draws which are based solely on chance or luck. These are acceptable provided that those responsible for clearance get hold of the full terms and conditions of the draw and ensure that they contain a published, unlimited and realistic 'free entry' route whereby consumers can enter without buying the product. Advertisers must confirm that details of the 'free entry' route are widely displayed.

Copy must include the tag 'No purchase necessary' and a further tag which highlights how consumers can find out about how to enter for free, e.g. 'Contact X for details/See in-store for details/See on-pack for details/Pick up a gamecard'.

Draws based on chance or luck which do not have a 'free entry' route are illegal lotteries and advertisements which do not include the tag 'No purchase necessary - Contact X for details' also become illegal.

The tag 'No purchase necessary - contact X for details' and the 'free entry' route are currently deemed not necessary for competitions run on the Internet where no money goes to the advertiser of the competition and there is no link between the advertiser and the Internet service provider or telecommunications company.

Advertisements which do not refer to a specific competition/draw but refer to competitions/draws generically, e.g. 'plus a range of exciting competitions' do not need the 'No purchase necessary' tag but you need to check that the competitions are nevertheless legal and have a free entry route.

Where it is clear from the copy that no purchase is required, e.g. garages offering the chance to enter a competition with a free test drive or a shopping centre offering a free prize draw on its opening night, the copy does not need the 'No purchase necessary' tag and you do not need to research the free entry route.

Scripts for promotions which require the collection of tokens (i.e. listeners to buy more than on of the product advertised) must make this clear. If more than ten tokens are needed, the number of tokens should be stated.

[/ QUOTE ] 169144-ok.gif

Ive got

4 x Audi A8

8 x Audi TT

6 x BMW M3

8 X BMW Z4

8 X CATERHAM R500

8 X HONDA NSX

10 X JAGUAR XJR

10 X JAGUAR XK8

10 X LAND ROVER DISCOVERY

11 X LEXUS RXSE-L

9 X MASERATI COUPE

9 X MAZDA MX-5

9 X MAZDA RX8

9 X MERCEDES-BENZ CLS500

6 X MERCEDES-BENZ SLK55

8 X MITUSBISHI EVO

11 X MORGAN AERO 8

7 X NISSAN 350Z

7 X NOBLE M12 GTO

10 X RANGE ROVER

4 X TVR 350

1 X VAUXHALL VX220

7 X VOLVO XC90

[ QUOTE ]

You could just remind them that the promo is ending this week and would they mind awfully handing over some extra packs of cards.

Nah, that'd be too easy... slap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At the end of the first Optimax competition I was given a bundle of about 500 packs! The guy behind the counter said "I bet you still don't win anything", and he was right. frown.gif