Audi RS3

nbritt

• 1 month later...

I'd love to think there was one in the pipeline but two things preclude. One is what everyone has picked up on, no S3 as yet.

Second if it were to have 350 bhp it will pull sales from the S4 and verge on competition for the RS4 in terms of power to weight. Audi are very unlikely to do damage sales of higher valued models and steal sales from themselves. If that were the case then it would be after the B8 S4 and the B7 RS4 finished.

Hence why the latter only has 420 bhp so as not to compete with a 450 bhp RS6. And there is no S8 until the Le Mans concept is finalised for power stakes. Granted all different machines but never has Audi overlaped it models with disproportionate power. ZZZ.gif

I'd like to know where the idea that Audi where going to do an RS3 came from? Can't see much of a market for a £30k+ hatchback.

S3 could be possible, but with what engine?

3.6 fsi V6 (from Touareg /U.S spec Passat)?. Possibly warmed over a bit to give 300ps? This would make sense with Audis move away from turbos to natural aspiration in its S ranges.

Or a version of the excellent 2.0Tfsi (perhaps with the 'twincharger' technology due out soon). Should be able to make 250ps if not more.

Of course this is all pure conjecture.

• 2 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know where the idea that Audi where going to do an RS3 came from? Can't see much of a market for a £30k+ hatchback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Renault did it with the Clio V6. I reckon Audi are far better placed to enter that kind of market; A premium brand and badge that's well known for quality and holding its value.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Cannot wait to see an S3 Sportback.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would look hideous and I doubt very much that they will do the S3 in sportback form crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I reckon the current A3 Sportback is better looking than the A3 3dr. Biased perhaps as I have a soft spot for fast Audi Avants.

Ian