...now, i don't want to fuel debate but!

odnet

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That would be moi then!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK then Brett, just tell the sprog to hang on a few extra months before it appears... tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sprog might agree to that but Mrs Wife certainly wouldn't!!!! I have the old Audi tractor anyways so maybe I can hang on until some .:R and Passat arrives smile.gif

169144-ok.gif

I did post the same news a few months back. We know there will be a 3.6 engine in the Passat so the R36 is likely for that model.

I would still like the 3.6 in the Golf, but you guys and the rumour mill still seem certain that the Mk 5 R will be a 3.2

Seems silly to me when you consider that VW do like to pollinate the engines over a range of cars. I've still got my letter with the dealer and will hold out to the end of Sept and see what the Frankfurt show tells us.

If there's even a sniff that the 3.6 will go in the Golf as an RR model (1 x R = 3.2, 2 x R = 3.6)then I'll hold on for it.

I just wish that the news was clearer now, rather than foggy rumours, blind guesses and the odd my mate says..........

smashfreakB.gif169144-ok.gif

Here I am! 169144-ok.gif

I think JasT is right, they reg'd a block of them, probably just incase they ever decide to pull their fingers out of their @ss's and actully build it!

I think the Fox network did this a few years ago after they tried to buy the name "21st century fox" and some kids had bought it for like $250 and they had to pay them millions to buy it from them. 169144-ok.gif

VW probably just avoiding future possible problems.

[ QUOTE ]

Here I am! 169144-ok.gif

I think the Fox network did this a few years ago after they tried to buy the name "21st century fox" and some kids had bought it for like $250 and they had to pay them millions to buy it from them. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i remember reading that too, clever little sods!! wish i'd thought of it!

ices_blah.gif

ivan