RE: Philips Blue Vision Ultra (4000K) Bulbs

Chav

Got some the other day...

The light output really is a lot whiter! Not sure if they look blue or not. Guess it's a good compromise for us non-xenon peasants!

Only changed the H7 dipped headlights though, didn't have a clue how to get to the little W5W thingies

...light cluster wouldn't pull out enough for me to see inside?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go for the ones that are 50% brighter not necessarily the Xenon alike ones, Osram Silvers or the Philips ones I think it was.

A review I read a while ago said that they actually cut the light because of the filter on the bulb. I think it was Autoexpress that the article was in. Thats the only reason I bought it at the time honest. SAUER0421.GIF

Yes I heard the same Carmad.. e.g the blue ones cut the light output...

But those Blue Vision Ultra ones I've fitted claimed to be 30% brighter than standard, so I thought I'd try them.

Can't say if the 30% extra is accurate or not, as can't really tell, but they don't appear any less bright than before, and beam is much whiter now! 169144-ok.gif

Do as I do and leave the house well after sunrise and make sure you're home before dusk. That way you never need to use your lights (except the fog lights of course).

To be honest, xenons in my case would be a waste of money because I very rarely drive in the dark. I would rather spend the money on a leather interior or other goodies.

I think I will bling the bulbs on my next car though, providing it's not a Focus.

Philips Blue Vision Plus or Osram Silver Stars both 50% brighter and road legal.

Chav - The main beam H-9's are worth changing. I have some I can sell you!

The sidies just pull out - there is a slider under the other dipped beam light - slide it backwards and the W5W comes out! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Philips Blue Vision Plus or Osram Silver Stars both 50% brighter and road legal.

Chav - The main beam H-9's are worth changing. I have some I can sell you!

The sidies just pull out - there is a slider under the other dipped beam light - slide it backwards and the W5W comes out! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, can you help me fit them in Buxton as part of the price then?! grin.gif

... I couldn't see any other bits I could pull out inside the lights when I put the H7's in the other day.

And I didn't want to break them! smashfreakB.gif

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does the Ebay price look reasonable?

Do Halfords sell them? It's just that I don't like the idea of mail order bulbs. smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got some of These 4350k H11's for my fogs last week.

They're great for the lanes and match the Xenons perfectly 169144-ok.gif

For £10 delivered in less than a week from Singapore, you can't go wrong.

They do H7's, H4's, H1's and others too.

BUB

[ QUOTE ]

Only changed the H7 dipped headlights though, didn't have a clue how to get to the little W5W thingies

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of changing the H7s, but after reading UBMs very comprehensive thread, and bearing in mind my lack of DIY skills smashfreakB.gif, thought I'd live with the originals...

Was it really easy? I don't fancy removing things to get to the headlight bulbs.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Does the Ebay price look reasonable?

Do Halfords sell them? It's just that I don't like the idea of mail order bulbs. smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got some of These 4350k H11's for my fogs last week.

They're great for the lanes and match the Xenons perfectly 169144-ok.gif

For £10 delivered in less than a week from Singapore, you can't go wrong.

They do H7's, H4's, H1's and others too.

BUB

[/ QUOTE ]

Are all fogs H11 - need to check the B7 tomorrow!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of changing the H7s, but after reading UBMs very comprehensive thread, and bearing in mind my lack of DIY skills smashfreakB.gif, thought I'd live with the originals...

Was it really easy? I don't fancy removing things to get to the headlight bulbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty straight forward got cab! I can talk you through it if needs be!