Enzo number 2 wrote off

NeilB

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So do we assume the passenger was really the driver because the drivers air bag had the blood on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering that.

You're assuming there was even a passenger... Maybe the driver was alone and just claimed there was a second person ["The driver"] and he was "The passenger" who stayed while "The driver" fled the scene...

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if the passenger airbag would deploy without a passenger though, if I had been doing 200mph I might try that trick too.

This was written by a friend over there

"The story on the streets is that there was a race between the Enzo, driven by 'The German' and an SLR, organized at a party early on Tuesday morning. Mr Eriksson claims to have been a passenger in his own car, but given his history, I am not sure how well that will hold up...."

Apparently this all happened after a party in posh town, both drivers are assummed to be DUI.

Yes I heard the race with the SLR version of the story too over on www.ferrarichat.com Apparently the car split in half so much so that the passenger compartment and engine could not be shot in the same photo by news crews! Looked very serious but it seems the car was designed to split like that and the passenger/driver/dodgy bloke inside survived with only minor injuries.

This guy has a history... smashfreakB.gif

A controversial Swedish businessman has destroyed his $1m 'Enzo Ferrari' - one of the world's rarest road cars - in a 200kph smash. Only 400 of the V12 vehicles were ever built at Maranello, also home of the Italian formula one team. The red car, torn in two after slamming into a pole in Los Angeles, was owned by 44-year-old Stefan Eriksson, a former executive of the failed Jordan sponsor Gizmondo. A drunk Eriksson, who has been linked with the Swedish mafia, told police that the driver of the vehicle was a runaway German, but police did not find him. The Enzo, a model of Ferrari that is also owned by Michael Schumacher, Eric Clapton and Roger Penske, was being illegally raced at dawn against a SLR Mercedes-Benz.

[ QUOTE ]

He told investigators that the car was being driven by a German acquaintance he knew only as Dietrich. Sgt Philips said: "We found it surprising that you don't know the name of the guy driving your million-dollar car. We will be contacting him to straighten out the inconsistencies in his story."

[/ QUOTE ]

What a donut, though its come as no surprise that Gizmondo went belly up Flush.gif