Water Blades??

Korkster

Hi, I have the Aquaglym (sp?) blade - works really well, I rinse it before use and check all OK then use it to skim off the bulk of the water (one or two stokes on each panel) then use a microfibre drying towel to dry properly.

I bought one but have been too scared to use it. I don't think it's worth the risk of catching a stray piece of dust or sand. To be honest, I find the correct use of the hose (don't use a stream/jet of water, but a slow flowing 'soak') followed by a Megs Water Magnet towel is more than sufficient.

I use a blade - also make sure there is not grit present wih a blody good rinse..... i use Megs shampoo, so it beads off very well.

Also, i have a light metalic blue audi and if it did scratch it would be very tricky to see - might be different on a flat black car....

Mind, i have used on my starion with flat red paint and i hasnt damaged it yet 169144-ok.gif

I use one on my flat red Audi. I have noticed a couple of Very faint straight line marks behind the rear door. The only explaination was the aquablade.

I just make sure car is washed twice and rinsed thourghly with a hose now, and wipe the blade clean after every swipe. Works for me 169144-ok.gif

I'm using the Autoglym hydra blade and have been for a few washes now. So far, so good, with no scratching. I do give the car a thorough rinse after washing, and have a chamois on hand when using the blade to wipe the excess droplets off the blade, and to dry those harder-to-reach areas (or tricky small bits) that the blade can't handle. The blade saves a good few minutes IMO, and as I say so far no problems.

Autoglym have just introduced a newer design of hydra blade, my bro in law reckons its not as good as the older design like mine? Older one has a blue grip/handle, newer one is a more contoured red grip (useful to know if/when you go shopping for one?).

My Polo is Diamond Black pearlescent btw smile.gif

I use the turtle wax blade and haven't scratched the car yet (touching wood as I say that) and it's brilliant black

You have to use light stroke motions anyway, using it heavily just streaks the water. Every other stroke I wipe the blade clean with my AG Aqua Dry just in case. Great for the mornings after the rain as well as it gets rid of rain water bead marks as well.

Turtle Wax one was only £8 I think?