Some quick shots of my new S4

Drewcam

Picked it up on Monday and allready having problems. frown.gif Emission control light is coming on and is sometimes miss-firing. It miss-fires for a while but then sorts itself out. Bought from Preston Audi but took into My local Audi at Carlisle. They told me that 4 and 7 had been miss-firing and have reset it. Very nice man told me that maybe because its been sitting on a forecourt for 3 or 4 weeks and and probably been stopped and started without going for a good run has probably sooted up the plugs.

Now i'm of to Newcastle to a mates and it happens again. ARGH FFS SAUER0421.GIF. Does not stop this time and light stays on. Phoned Audi roadside assist and chap was there in 30 minuits shocked.gif Plugs it in and he tells me that it might be a coil pack. AHH no it isn't its stopped miss-firing now he tells me. He then told me the same as Carlisle Audi told me to put some Optimax or BP ultimate in it. Yesterday it did it again but sorted itself out quite quickly.

Phoned back Carlisle Audi and he has ordered me 2 coil packs as one of them might be on its way out. Get fitted on Friday. It's been fine all day today so that could be it sorted now and just needed a good run,

Carlisle Audi seem to be looking after me though so top marks there and Preston havn't even called me back to see if all is ok, Feckers.

Some quick snaps for you chaps...... 169144-ok.gif807145-S4001.jpg

post-2197-137914357863_thumb.jpg

Drew, it looks excellent. Should I ever venture into S4 ownership then I think it would have to be sprint blue 169144-ok.gif

In fact I seem to rememeber PMing a TSNer about a sprint blue S4 cab blush.gif

It's shame about the glitches but I'm sure it's just teething problems. It's under warranty so let the techies sort it out and it'll be A1 again in no time 169144-ok.gif

Drew that is smlove2.gif I adore that colour the more I see it on a B7 S4 - lovely. 169144-ok.gif

I am sure you'll get the misfire problem sorted - sounds like a coil pack could well be the problem - my 225 TT had very similar symptoms, and that was sorted by a new one. No more problems with it. (until I sold it anyway 2 months later!! grin.gif)

Looks lovely Drew, you will soon forget all about your teething troubles, the more you drive it.

I wish people would stop posting pictures of their S4's up, as I am finding it more and more difficult waiting until Sept for my TT. I have never had to wait as long for anything in my life, apart from my daughter.

Good choice Drew. Don't worry about the initial hiccups, I had similar problems wheer mine wouldn't start and once it took 20 mins to get the engine to fire up.

But after 3 separate occasions of that happening never had any problems since. I think they don't do well when they've been sitting around for a long time inactive. Mine was in the country in a damp compound for 3 weeks before I picked it up.

Enjoy, see you at the next meet.

PS/ Good interior choice as well, cloth leather combo IMO far better then full leather, at least it won't look like patent leather after a couple of years! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your comments 169144-ok.gif One thing that i am supprised at is the standard noise of the V8 rumble. It's like a wolf in sheeps clothing shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft.

Lucky git.

Get some miltek boxes... the V8 rumble becomes a roar. I was sat behind a TSN'ers on here and I literally turned the radio off and dropped the window.

Sent shivers down my spine. Cracking engine!

[ QUOTE ]

V Nice Drew! cheeky question, what sort of price did you get a year old one for? PM me if you like beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fegy it was advertised at £33450. I got it for £31000 plus an arm rest and a sctatch on the boot repaired. As far as spec, it has blue tooth phone prep on dash, brushed allu inlays and of course the sprint blue paint. Roughly a 37 grand car 12 monthes ago. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

PS/ Good interior choice as well, cloth leather combo IMO far better then full leather, at least it won't look like patent leather after a couple of years! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got into car just before. It had been sitting in red hot sun for ages and i didn't burn my arse off like i would have done in the last one. 169144-ok.gif