Markallain

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I'll beleive it when I see it for real. There's been too many articles like this over the past 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree... and personally got fed up waiting... think its been too hyped now..... so ordered the RS4 instead and cancelled the RS3 intrest with the dealer.... I put my name down for the RS3 going back now about 4 years ago...

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'll beleive it when I see it for real. There's been too many articles like this over the past 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree... and personally got fed up waiting... think its been too hyped now..... so ordered the RS4 instead and cancelled the RS3 intrest with the dealer.... I put my name down for the RS3 going back now about 4 years ago...

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

God has it been that long!! I must still be on the list!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

God has it been that long!! I must still be on the list!

[/ QUOTE ]Yup sure is.... I think it was a year after a bought my S3...

Riz grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

let me guess.. you'll be cancelling the RS4 order and ordering the RS3 at some stage?

[ QUOTE ]

Thing is the other articles I remember seeing were mostly journo hype with an artist's impression for a pic. This seems to have more credibility with an actual pic of what may or may not be the RS3.

[/ QUOTE ]I very much doubt its a official Audi test mule as Audi have never made their test cars with DTM style kits or bonnet scoops, also it seems more like a race prepped A3.... so I would say its just a tuned A3 running about in Germany.... its all hype!

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

let me guess.. you'll be cancelling the RS4 order and ordering the RS3 at some stage?

[/ QUOTE ]Nope.. one thing which really bugged me with the S3 was no rear doors for access.. hence why I bought a 5 door R32 afterwards! smile.gif

2 years ago I wasnt in a real position to buy a RS4 and didnt really fancy a B5 Avant.... I saw the RS4 and knew I has to have it.....

The RS3 does have its appeal of being small and compact etc but £38 for a hatch!... thats S4 money... and that`s got a V8.

Riz heart.gifbeerchug.gif

Riz, what am I to make of that statement? It is widely known S3's only have 3 doors so you buy one and then what? you grow out of it? You suddenly start carrying more than one person around? You need more room for your racing helmet?

IIRC you bought the R32 for different reasons (although initially you slated the R32 for being boring/bland etc etc)

If the RS3 does come out and uses turbos strapped to the 3.2, with a re-map, it may well be faster than the RS4 and M3!! And at £38k I for one am quite tempted. If this does come out, and looks GOOD I may well cancel the order on the m3!!

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Riz, what am I to make of that statement? It is widely known S3's only have 3 doors so you buy one and then what? you grow out of it? You suddenly start carrying more than one person around? You need more room for your racing helmet?

IIRC you bought the R32 for different reasons (although initially you slated the R32 for being boring/bland etc etc)

[/ QUOTE ]Well yes I found out that over a time that it was a pain not having rear doors for passenger getting in and out.... got fed up with it and sold the S3 to put the money into a business venture.... then got the 5 door R32 because in my opinion it sounded and handled better than a stock S3, having the 5 doors made such a big difference so since then really went off the idea of the whole RS3 concept...

For me the RS4 ticks all my boxes... plus theres room in the boot for a helmet wink.gif

Riz pengy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If the RS3 does come out and uses turbos strapped to the 3.2, with a re-map, it may well be faster than the RS4 and M3!! And at £38k I for one am quite tempted. If this does come out, and looks GOOD I may well cancel the order on the m3!!

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Yes but this isnt Audi practice.. to produce a lower class model to out-perform the higher models would be bad for the company IMO.

I still think its all hype and if they did give it the green light I doubt I would consider it after having a RS4.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

Well wouldnt i be right in saying the old RS4 was faster than the RS6!!? And the current M3 is faster than the previous M5..? Im not saying that the bog standard 350bhp RS3 will be as fast as the RS4, but with a re-map pushing it towards the magic 400 mark, im sure it will be faster. Of course this is all speculation as we are discussing a car which has a god possibility of never appearing...

The pic seems pretty far down the line for some that's apparently 'hype'.

Also, the photographer has also bagged a shot of the S3, which fits in perfectly with the previous spy pics, that would suggest it's genuine to me.

I think now it's just a question of when.

[ QUOTE ]

The pic seems pretty far down the line for some that's apparently 'hype'.

Also, the photographer has also bagged a shot of the S3, which fits in perfectly with the previous spy pics, that would suggest it's genuine to me.

I think now it's just a question of when.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right lets show a bit of faith. It will surly be a fab car if they get the bloody thing in development!

I agree Dave,

you see this sort of thing all around the ring. There are so many tuning houses out there, it could be any-one of them.

I don't think Audi would go to the trouble of putting on bonnet catches as a disguise.. it just doesn't ring true.

Trying to work out from the picture whether the arches are wider than that of a standard A3... confused.gif

If they are, surely a tuner wouldn't go through the trouble of a widening them, so wouldn't this indicate that it is official Audi? UHOH7.GIF

You never know, maybe this is the new S3 front end!!! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Trying to work out from the picture whether the arches are wider than that of a standard A3... confused.gif

If they are, surely a tuner wouldn't go through the trouble of a widening them, so wouldn't this indicate that it is official Audi? UHOH7.GIF

You never know, maybe this is the new S3 front end!!! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the S3 front end, this is [image]http://forum.softpedia.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=109025.jpg[/image]

http://forum.softpedia.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=109025

If you look at previous S3 spy pics and the red spy pics in the auto express article the above image fits perfectly.

Back to the RS3, someone on autoblog pointed out that what appears to be a single wiper may actually not be as it's not actually flat on the windscreen. It's sticking up from the bonnet, hence the shadow cast.