fun things on your commute

AntW

so, whats the highlight of your journey to and from work?

For me, a humpback bridge on a 50mph road... most days I whip over on the limit, lifting the car on its shocks but keeping all 4 tyres on the road.

Today I thought "feck it" hit it at 80, banged my head on the roof, squeeked the tyres and wanted to do it again laugh.gif

I get on a train for 20 mins standing next to a sweaty 20 stone block who's obviously forgon to shower that morning, there isn't enougfh room to move even breath!... then I get on a Tube for 20 mins and the same process begins again.. I think the best part of my journey is arriving at work!

I spent most of my commute this morning trying to work out whether the person opposite me was male or female. When the train came to a halt and a badge with the name "Francesca" became visible I awarded myself five points.

Well it's more interesting than trying to identify what tune the bloke next to me is listening to on his ipod using only the beat like I normally end up doing...

[ QUOTE ]

so, whats the highlight of your journey to and from work?

For me, a humpback bridge on a 50mph road... most days I whip over on the limit, lifting the car on its shocks but keeping all 4 tyres on the road.

Today I thought "feck it" hit it at 80, banged my head on the roof, squeeked the tyres and wanted to do it again laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

None, have to sit behind a bunch of effing lemmings who all sit on the outside lane of the A1058 coast road because they all think they're faster than each other. If I was a little less law abiding I would undertake the lot of them..... sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So, whats the highlight of your journey to and from work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Passing lemmings sat at the lights on my bike to ensure I always get through the first green.

Just 20 yards before the first of the two sets of traffic lights I pass through on my 2.5 mile bike to work, some bright spark at the council decided to place a traffic island in the road, narrowing two lanes to about one-and-a-half. The island blocks cars getting into the right hand lane, but the gap is perfect for a bike. If you are first second or third in the queue in the right hand lane, you can turn right when the lights go green before the oncoming traffic gets to you, plus you won't get caught when the lights go red and have to wait another turn.

Ian

Bus - I'm not sure, sharing my airspace with the armpit of a St Robert's fifth former, having my bag crushed by another fifth former who likes to sit in the luggage rack, the kids that push infront of me at the bus stop every morning (although it did quieten down after I threatened to throw them under the bus coffee.gif )

My personal favourite - when I get off the bus grin.gif