TSN Northeast/Scotland - POST MEGA-MEET THREAD

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Smart roadster??? how the hell?? I think we have unmasked the stig there!! sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be sure to pass this comment along to Lee - that should keep the smile on his face a bit longer. He was feeling a bit 'out of place' when he discovered exactly what kind of cars everyone else was driving but he really enjoyed the day. I'm kinda glad we didn't bring my car, I would have had to get directions to the final destination and met you all there - somehow I doubt I'd have been able to take any of those corners at speed and remain on 4 wheels! shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'll be sure to pass this comment along to Lee. He was feeling a bit 'out of place' when he discovered exactly what kind of cars everyone else was driving but he really enjoyed the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Lee more than held his own !! The more the merrier on any Meet, irrespective of the vehicle. It was great that you both came along ! We'll get a Scottish Meet properly organised for the Autumn. 169144-ok.gif TP.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'll be sure to pass this comment along to Lee. He was feeling a bit 'out of place' when he discovered exactly what kind of cars everyone else was driving but he really enjoyed the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Lee more than held his own !! The more the merrier on any Meet, irrespective of the vehicle. It was great that you both came along ! We'll get a Scottish Meet properly organised for the Autumn. 169144-ok.gif TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that I can make it on most Mon, Tues or Thurs evenings (although it'll be in the A4) in Scotland.

Cue Tosh arranging the meet on a Wed or Fri... yelrotflmao.gif

cheers everyone for the excellent day out, as has been said before, very well organised by mrme and well catered for at paxton house.

I especially enjoyed the suicide run to Holy Island. My brother was in the trophy with me and kept mumbling about his impreza and he wished he had brought it to enjoy the blast round the country lanes. I was a little bit worried that the traction control and esp light wouldn't actually go off when i stopped the car, never seen it on so much. Maybe the fact that most corners were spent on 3 wheels!! haha! it was good having another 182 there and a chance to really try the car out against other machinery.

Cheers again to all for a great day.

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

It was nice to meet you 169144-ok.gif

As it's been said a few times, those 182s can't half shift blush.gif

I think they surprised a few people, me included 169144-ok.gif

IMG_1085.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

There's always some unwanted riff raff who try to get in on the photo isn't there...... smashfreakB.gifwink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'll be sure to pass this comment along to Lee - that should keep the smile on his face a bit longer. He was feeling a bit 'out of place' when he discovered exactly what kind of cars everyone else was driving but he really enjoyed the day. I'm kinda glad we didn't bring my car, I would have had to get directions to the final destination and met you all there - somehow I doubt I'd have been able to take any of those corners at speed and remain on 4 wheels! shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Also tell lee i am sorry for covering the car in dust and gravel when i went off roading blush.gif

I meant to say this...

Those people in the background are the biddies that were looking around the 6 when we were having the buffet. They were still there when we went out.

One of them said to me (after asking if it was my car) "my son has just ordered one of these".

I said, "Oh, a 630 or 650?"

He said he didn't know, but he thought it had a V8 in it.

I said "Oooh, that'll be the 650 then"

He said "I don't remember him saying it was the 650. I'm sure that's not what it was called"

At that point, the woman with him said "I thought it was a Jaguar?"

The old bloke said "Yes, it is, that's what I meant."

I politely walked off at that point.

That'll be like the guy I met today at the petrol station, conversation as follows;

'Nice car that, that's an RS4'

'I'm afraid it isn't, it's just an S4'

'420bhp, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, 350 ft/lbs of torque'

Ah but the RS4 is only 0-60 in 4.8, if only I had enough money to buy one'

'I've driven one me, it were awesome'

??? If he's driven one he would know mine ain't an RS4! It was when he put his bin lids back on and walked out to his clapped out Mark II Ford Fiesta with Waynetta Slob sitting in the passenger seat that everyone in the queue had a chuckle.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm just glad you didn't career off into the scenery at any point....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are a few of us that are glad that we kept to the road. RossG in front of me had a few scary moments. All in a good days N/E Meet though !!!! blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think there are a few of us that are glad that we kept to the road. RossG in front of me had a few scary moments. All in a good days N/E Meet though !!!! blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes - that'll be when I phoned him having got lost. blush.gif

We were having an almost intelligible conversation until Mrs RossG shouted "TREE!". yelrotflmao.gif

Sorry about that Ross! tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...