BMW bluetooth operation?

G8AMB

Has anyone out there got a BMW bluetooth kit which they use with two phones?

I am about to order a new one and was wondering if I am better off using an after market bluetooth kit (such as the Parrot).

I have two phones (one for work and one for personal calls). I want to be able to easily swap between phones - I am not expecting to be able to use them at the same time. But do not want to go through too much hassle to swap between them. In my last car I had a sony ericson HCB-30 kit and although it could pair with up to 5 phones - it only really worked properly with the last paired phone - which was a bit of a hassle.

Anybody swap phones regularily on a BMW bluetooth kit.

I am not planning to but the sat nav unit - if that makes any difference?

I have 2 phones paired in the 535d, and have no problems receiving calls on either 'phone. As mentioned above, making calls is just a matter of selecting the 'phone you want to use via I-Drive. If you don't have professional nav in the car, I guess you select through the stereo confused.gif

Peter

I don`t have Nav at all, mate, in my 330d, but I find the Bluetooth excellent.

I`ve not tried to use it with more than one phone though, so I can`t help you there.

One thing I can tell you is that when you first look at the manual, it tells you which phones the Beemer will connect with, but don`t believe this as gospel, without trying yours first.

Mine wasn`t listed as being compatible, but it works a treat (Samsung D500).

• 4 weeks later...

What is the cost of getting blue tooth operational on a 2002 330d.

I have two phones as well but have all incoming work calls transferred to my personal phone. Basically because I use my work phone for sat nav but it saves two phones ringing at the same time, looking like some 80's yuppie.