The Most Chav'ed RS4 Ever? M1 Thu 03-Aug

Venomous

I was at Lotties' last night remember. ices_blah.gif

Seriously though, whilst I could theoretically 'help out' a fellow Tyresmoker with the address of someone who has cut him or her up (example) this would indeed be pure abuse of the insurance database. As far as I know, this insurance information is not available via the internet.

Basic DVLA car checks however are available via the AA and RAC websites to name but two examples. These give a 'first glance' of the dvla match. More detailed checks that give engine type, gearbox, original body colour, trim specification level, chassis number, build year, date of registration, date of change of last owner, number of owners etc etc are freely available on the web. They might well be aimed at the trade, but they are open for Joe Public to access.

As suggested above, #892677, I would advise anyone buying a second hand car who doesn't want to pay £40 for a HPI to at least do these free checks. It confirms the chassis number and colour for starters.

Edit. Without wishing to ironically unstick the person in question for reasons exactly as Daz mentions, Tyresmoke has its very own HPI resident, so you don't need to pay for a proper data check anyway!

Ian

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who quite likes it?

Edited to add: Sorry, typo - what that should have read is "Am I the only person who wants to find the person who first of all bought a car in that colour and then abused it so appallingly so I can beat their spleen out with no more than a rotting haddock?"

the fact that it has a tow bar suggests its a TDI. This car has popped up a fair few times on TSN now...its been seen up and down the country...

total waste of a fantastic car...god only knows what the owner was thinking when he/she did all that custom work...if you can even call it custom work.