RS4 Available

rjgreen4

My RS4 will be more than likely available by the end of next week, if anyone wants an phantom black avant with technology pack, arm rest, dimming mirror, gsp phone prep and tracker. Due Oct 16th

If the finance figures come out good for the porsche tomorrow I will be placing a deposit on a porsche.

I intend to buy a golf tdi for my weekly commutes as I will be doing more like 3k miles per month and I think my dad would wine about the fuel costs to the company.

I would keep the RS4 but I can't really class it as a weekend car like I could a porsche C4S, and the whole company fuel thing is not worth the hassle.

So that is the plan.

If anyone wants it pm me as I will be able to tell you mid week if the finance quotes are good.

I think you're mad, but horses for courses and all that.

My mate's Dad bought a 996C4S new a couple of years back, and it hasn't lived up to his expectations. That's coming from a guy who's has all sorts of Porsche's over the years.

Personally speaking though, I just couldn't justify £60k for a 996 when for a few £k more you could have a stunning 997 C2S. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Although expensive more expensive go for a c4 other than c2 - porsche really work well on all fours. Trust me when it rains in a c4 you have no reason to change your driving style where as in a c2 you really do. good luck with what ever you go for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, C4S is definitely the way forward..........!!

beerchug.gif

sidicks

I think it will be the C4S, I have been told that the avant is week 46 and therefore is too long to wait.

Im moving house on the bank holiday weekend and will get something to fill the garage for then.

I might have mentioned that the car will be used at the weekend and I will buy a golf tdi or something similar for my weekly commutes.

I have done 22k since Feb and the MD is starting to pick up on the fuel costs, I think I will however be in his good books with the drop in insurance and fuel with a tdi.

I also think I will appreciate the car more if it is used as a weekend toy and therefore my erratic car chages might stop.

I will be speaking to gareth today as he has found a car for me that has a good spec.

I don't think I would consider a C2S, no matter how well the porsche puts the power down, the C2S will be at a disadvantage to the C4S in the wet, and it aint often sunny up north!!!!

I think the most sane comment in that thread was get an RS6 and an aircooled classic Porker. I was also gonna go for a 911 but now I appreciate that there's a lot more to taking a kid in a car above whether they and a car seat fit.

A travel cot, pushchair, booster/highchair, weekend bag and our bits fill the boot of the S4 regularly. I've settled that I'll just have to stick to a car that's pratical until the kiddy is that much older...plus my S4's no slower than a 996 C2 anyway. wink.gif

Without wishing to sound arrogant, 58k on a 996 is indeed looney money. A last of the line 996 3.6 Carrera is where I'd be looking - 2003 '53' platers are still in factory Porsche warranty, and a decent spec, sub-30k mileage manual example can be had for just 40k.

That leaves you enough change outright for a new Golf PD 140!

Ian