Q7 - big ain't they!

bazza_g

Whilst leaving work last night I was surprised to see the huge nose of this 3.0TDI Q7 poking through the entrance door. The car in front and I had to back up to let it in! shocked.gif

When the driver got out I asked him if it was his. He replied "unfortunately not - I'm just delivering it. I work for a fleet company and I get to drive all sorts of stuff, but this is really nice."

As I was admiring it he also pointed out that "this one's a quattro, too..." smashfreakB.gifROLLEY~14.GIF

905191-DSC00124%28Medium%29.JPG

post-7667-137914372033_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As I was admiring it he also pointed out that "this one's a quattro, too..."

[/ QUOTE ]

What a spoon. He won't have clocked your V8 S4 then!?

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the poor love probably meant that his Q7 had Quattro as opposed to other Q7s that may not have such a feature....which would make them.....obviously......just 7s..... confused.gifROLLEY~14.GIFtongue.gif

Saw a black demo one today at Listers Stratford which followed us out of the car park and out of town - looks good in black I think, especially the rear view. There was a silver one too - really do not like it in silver, clumsy, clunky, ugly and oversized. Colour really does matter with this car!! grin.gif169144-ok.gif

To be fair to the guy, how on earth could he be expected to know that you (J_C) knew all about quattro? He was just being friendly wasn't he?

Anyroadup, I think it's one huge ugly mf of a car, more suitable for other parts of the world than on UK roads. I hope Audi got the ride better on this one! grin.gif

S4 V8 quattro = notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

To be fair to the guy, how on earth could he be expected to know that you (J_C) knew all about quattro? He was just being friendly wasn't he?

Anyroadup, I think it's one huge ugly mf of a car, more suitable for other parts of the world than on UK roads. I hope Audi got the ride better on this one! grin.gif

S4 V8 quattro = notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The black one we saw. I thought looked very good on the road. Dont like the other colours as they do make it look huge. But if i had a family and the money spare i would definatly consider having one in black. It really looked stunning charging around a roundabout.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he was just being friendly but his comments and intonation suggested to me that he was knowledgeable about cars - hence my surprise that he clearly was unaware that all Q7s are quattros. I can understand it with road cars as the badging is quite subtle, but with all the publicity surrounding the Q7 ("We built a car for quattro..." etc.) and the fact that the 'Q' in Q7 actually stands for quattro, I found his implied assumption that Audi would build a two wheel drive off-road SUV slightly odd.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyroadup, I think it's one huge ugly mf of a car, more suitable for other parts of the world than on UK roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its appearance divides opinion but I think it looks superb - another example of cutting-edge Audi design which others will try to emulate. I'm glad they didn't just go for another 'box' like some equivalent vehicles. I agree though that it's more suited to roads other than ours, but I'm sure that won't stop it selling - and 99% of them never going off-road! ROLLEY~14.GIF