Remember that Green 306 on Top Gear?

NeilB

Each to their own I would say.

Whilst it's certainly not my cup of tea, he's obviously enjoyed what he's done to it so I see no reason to slate it or what he's spent on it. Perhaps he preferred this to wetting himself over which particular options to spec on the latest new build VAG alllookalikewagon, which is going to be 2 weeks earlier than expected - oh huzzah, and whether the document holder is leather and comes with it's own corkscrew, cheeseknife and cravat??

Live and let live eh car enthusiasts?

[ QUOTE ]

Whilst it's certainly not my cup of tea, he's obviously enjoyed what he's done to it so I see no reason to slate it or what he's spent on it. Perhaps he preferred this to wetting himself over which particular options to spec on the latest new build VAG alllookalikewagon, which is going to be 2 weeks earlier than expected - oh huzzah, and whether the document holder is leather and comes with it's own corkscrew, cheeseknife and cravat??

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously have no taste either grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not but he's got a point yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate? laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate? laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's implying there are better ways of spending £33k wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Rather perceptive I thought! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't call him a car enthusiasts though! He's ruined the handling and performance of a semi-reasonable car. He's just an attention whore imho.

[ QUOTE ]

You can't call him a car enthusiasts though! He's ruined the handling and performance of a semi-reasonable car. He's just an attention whore imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. But if he wants to be an attention whore then that's his choice.

His freedom to be a prat is just as important as our freedom to point out that he is a prat. znaika.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Not all car enthusiasts are interested in improving handling and performance. Just ask all the A4 cab owners... tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but in my mind he's not a car enthusiast. He's taken a hatch back and spent a shite load of money on it and imo made it look laughable. Obviously he can do what he likes, but I think it's daft.

In your opinion. But I'd say that doesn't make him not a car enthusiast (great English there... UHOH7.GIF ), just a different car enthusiast.

The Max Power / cruise style has a huge following in its own right, and I think it's rather snobbish of old gits like us to dismiss it (usually by calling them all chavs) just cos it's not our scene.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't laugh at all the wonderful sights in the chvmobile spotting thread... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Rather perceptive I thought! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So my taste has been ascertained from me saying that it wasn't my cup of tea yet each to their own and lets not all be pompous self riteous sheep and rip him to shreds?

Very astute. 169144-ok.gif

Fair enough, don't call him an 'enthusiast' if it doesn't comply in your book. He must have been so disinterested in his hobby to spend 33k, mustn't he?

Going by a recent thread, that probably equates to just a few restaurant bills for some. Each to their own eh? wink.gif

Totally agree he's quite within his rights to spend £33K on an eight year old so so French hatchback, but equally we're surely within ours to laugh at him for doing so!?

Hmmm... that, or a brand new Porsche Boxster, or even a good used 911 for that matter.

At least the Porsche would still be worth something. He's spunked £33K away and what do we reckon he'll get for that? I doubt it'll even make reserve.

Still, good luck to him, it takes all sorts. grin.gif