Insuring a CSL, please help!

mlhj83

Hi, I would like some advice regarding insuring a CSL. I'm 22 years old and I am really tempted to get the CSL but I've tried tesco, sainsburys, bmw, norwich union and directline and none of them will not insure me coz I'm under 25. I have had my UK driving licence for just under 2 years, but have been driving in UK for over three years, first year was with my international licence from my country, hence I have 3 years NCB. I am also a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorist and hold an advanced driving licence. Anyone under 25 with a CSL here? Or is there anyone who can help? Much appreciated!!! confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have, but they don't have the option for me to chose a CSL. I can only chose a standard M3. The qoutes they came up with was in the range of 4100 to 10000 squids. It's looking bleak!!! SAUER0421.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

The CSL is there.. thats how I got my quote. You need to fill in:

Car Make: (obviously) BMW

Engine Size: 3200

Year of Manufacture: 2003

RHD: yes

Fuel: Petrol

Transmission: manual

Doors: 2

Then on the next page you have a selection to choose from and the third one down is the CSL....

Try again 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for all your help people. Tried directline but to no avail. Tried confused.com again and the qoutes they came up with 4300. I guess I could bring it down by calling the company direct and increasing the excess. I'm just wondering whether I can include the number of years I have driven with my foreign licence to the number of years I have had my UK licence, coz it would certainly make a lot of difference.

I have both the UK licence and foreign international licence at the moment. My foreign licence is from Malaysia and I was insured for my first year on this foreign licence. Tesco was a bit silly when I updated my insurance policy with my current car, coz when I told them that I had obtained my UK licence, they said they had to reset the the number of years with a full licence back down to less than a year even though they insured me for the first year with my foreign licence. I was pissed off with them as I could not see the logic but there was nothing I could do coz they said it was the way their system works.

Wish I could help but I use company insurance. It is possible at your age, but it will be hard to get any of the usual insurers to do it. When company turned me down on the Ferrari last year Romans gave me the name of a firm that does all the footballers. As said it is possible but you will be paying well in to 5 figures most likley... crazy.gif

Hmm, I don't think it's worth paying such an exorbitant amount for insurance. I guess I'll order the R32 instead and fix it up nicely with the APS 300 package, haldex controller, KW V3 and the full milltek exhaust system. I'll wait till I'm 25 before I get a supercar.

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I don't think it's worth paying such an exorbitant amount for insurance. I guess I'll order the R32 instead and fix it up nicely with the APS 300 package, haldex controller, KW V3 and the full milltek exhaust system. I'll wait till I'm 25 before I get a supercar.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will still be alot if you go for a tuning upgrade that increases the cars performance by over 10%.. but then you could always fib slightly or not get an RR done... sekret.gif

At the moment the cheapest insurance I can get for the CSL is 4300, but for the R32 it's 1200 from a well known insurer. So even if I fix up the R32, I doubt the insurance will go beyond 2000. And even if it does, it will still be a lot cheaper than what I would pay for the CSL.

Mills, where did you get that qoute of 1600 from and are you the same age as me?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Try More than, I have been quoted £700. Im 26 and includes my girlfreind on the policy who is 22. Although the excess is 500 for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a CSL? That can't be right mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously its correct. We did the quote yesturda and twice today. Works out at £707. 169144-ok.gif

The previous lowest quote was abot 1k with Diamond I think.