Going for new pipes!

Woppum

I have decided I would like a little more vocals. Maybe a slightly deeper rasp, maybe a bit louder. I dont want any race spec blah blah, just a nice sounding, nice looking (keep the quad format) pipes.

I have heard of:

Supersprint

Miltek

Who else are there and who is best for the CSL. I will post this elsewhere in order to get the most informed decision...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Common guys!

I only have experience of the Snitzer which I found both looked and sounded crap! I want to keep 4 pipes anyway.

Chris didnt you have a super sprint on your M3? Is that the one to go for on the CSL, or the Miltek? I want to fit it ASAP now ive siked myself up!

these guys are suposed to be the Dogs.. inc part no:

http://www.hartge.de/html/indexuk.html

i think there is a dealer in uxbridge or near there

18 46 0510 D

HARTGE connecting pipe (replacement of pre-silencer)

for M3 E46 in connection with:

18 46 0500 C

HARTGE stainless steel rear silencer

with dual oval tail pipes (middle)

(incl. HARTGE lower part of rear skirt)

18 46 0400 D

HARTGE stainless steel rear silencer

with dual round tail pipes left and right

First point of call is speak to Hudsons on Monday and see what they recommend. Thorney does only Miltek I think, so if I go down that route I will probably use them. Hartage is an idea, but I always got the impression they were more brand than substance (and I think are very expensive).

With the R it was Miltek or nothing. It seems the choice isnt so obvious with the CSL. crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Have you tried GruppeM? 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they do they do the really light one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - under 5kg! I bet it makes a racket though. Anyone know someone with one? Or a picture of the car with it on? A sound clip!? I think these may be the pipes for me! 169144-ok.gif

exhaust_bmw.jpg

Well I have manged to e-mail GroupeM. Lets see if they reply...

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Im interested in the system you do for the CSL. I require information on the following details:

- is it much louder than stock?

- Is it street/track legal?

- Do you offer more than 1 variant (straight though, etc?)

- Is it is a full cat system?

- Do you have a warranty with the exhaust?

- How much is it?

- Will it be your place close to Buckingham Palace that will fit it, or will you simply distribute? (doesn’t matter either way)

- What’s the lead-time

- Do you have any pictures of a car with this exhaust.

Sorry for all the questions, I haven’t been able to find a phone number for your company. Please reply with it enclosed, if you prefer we can talk over the phone.

Many thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not heard anything but the Milltek on the CSL - drove one with a full system and it was nice. I liked the idea of the GruppeM as it is so damn light! The CSL has 100 or 200 cell cats as standard IIRC, so I'd not bother changing them personally.

I'd go for the cat-back on the RS, but only the valved version which is a tad pricey at the moment. To be fair, it's quite nice stock, unlike the B5 - which was dull.

Cheers

Ben

The CSL has 100 cell cats fitted as standard. I'd keep them if I were you, and not be tempted to for a straight through system.

I've seen a video of a de-cat CSL with a Gruppe M exhaust - sounded ridiculous. Far too loud. Don't make your car sound like approaching gunfire Wopps, please.