TV for the bedroom, advice gentlepersons please?

Ari

Where would you like to eat?  

1. 1. Where would you like to eat?

• Loch Fyne- sea food
    • Chinese
    • TGI Fridays-burgers etc
    • Curry

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I would have a look at the Pansonic LXD60...

http://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+TV/Televisions/Televisions/LCD+TV/1284/230233452/Product.aspx

I have two of these, they are the only LCDs I could live with. I absolutely detest the Samsungs, the only thing they do right is look nice when off. frown.gif Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one I mentioned further up, £599 at Comet, £100 less than the Samsung.

It absolutely trounces the Samsung in every department.

The only other LCD I would even consider is the Toshiba, nice natural colours, and a smooth image, but the black levels are no where near as good as the Panny, and this is what gives you your 3D snap and depth to an image.

If you can get it for £599 then go for it, a stunning set.

As I say, I have two, one for the kitchen and one for the bedroom, although the kitchen one has gone to the conservorty as of last night, and my only regret is not going for the 32" as our conservatory is big at 20ft square.

I was going to sell it, but if they can be had new for £599 there is no point. Just move the sofa closer!! smile.gif

I admire your putting yourself on the market in this manner Ari!! Pictures of the lerv nest interspersed with references of length and girth in anticipation of tapping the feminine juices as opposed to the normal sex starved rantings of some individuals who sit in wait on TSN for anything approaching the femme guise to appear to satisfy their overwhelming carnal frustrations.....may I suggest tempering down the pine effect in the boudoir as a starter??? shocked.gif169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gif

Ari, my main bedroom is similar size to yours from the look of it although emptier - I've a panasonic 32" at the moment mounted on the far wall and it does dominate the room.

It'll be being swapped for a 26" very soon - as soon as my daughter's room is finished funnily enough. Her room is smaller but longer (if that makes sense) so it would go better in there.

Just been down to the Panasonic shop and in there the 32 inch looks like it'd be fine, but of course you're surrounded by bigger and smaller TV's so it just looks mid range normal. So hard to tell. crazy.gif

But obviously experience of it in a setting counts for much more so I'll take you chaps advice and stick with 26 inch I think.

Pity I can't get hold of a screen just to try. Am almost tempted to try cutting out a cardboard box or something to size and sticking it on the wall to see.

Then again, there's cost implications. 32 inch Panny is going to take me into the £800+ territory which is too much frankly, and then I've got to get a bracket which is thick end of £100 apparently.

Hmmm... all advice and finances are pointing me at 26 inch screen but I just felt like the 32 would give the whole viewing thing a lot more presence...

Hmmm...

[ QUOTE ]

I admire your putting yourself on the market in this manner Ari!! Pictures of the lerv nest interspersed with references of length and girth in anticipation of tapping the feminine juices as opposed to the normal sex starved rantings of some individuals who sit in wait on TSN for anything approaching the femme guise to appear to satisfy their overwhelming carnal frustrations.....may I suggest tempering down the pine effect in the boudoir as a starter??? shocked.gif169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Subtlty is my middle man my man... grin.gif

And incidently, the pine looks much classier in real life, just a bit bright in the flash photography above...

[ QUOTE ]

Pity I can't get hold of a screen just to try. Am almost tempted to try cutting out a cardboard box or something to size and sticking it on the wall to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I did for my living area jump.gif

Works better than you imagine 169144-ok.gif Stopped me spending more for a bigger in the front room anyways.

Ari, the Panny is a lovely set, well worth going for. I've done the cardboard test too - and it does work v well. The Samsung as Guy said does look cracking on the wall etc, but for image quality the Panny wins hands down. People don't rant about Panny's cos they think it's a popular viewpoint, it's because they really are better than practically all the other sets. The Sony's are totally overpriced for what they are.

I'd consider getting a new DVD player too if yours only offers scart. You can get a decent component out DVD player for around £100. Scart doesn't carry picture that well - component is much better. You don't need HDMI! HDMI is no better a signal carrier, and wont improve quality one bit. It's a common myth that it does. HDMI is simply so the distribution companies can stop you copying stuff. They didn't sit and think about making a better quality cable and think up HDMI. It's purely about copy protection.

Extended warranties are nothing more than insurance policies.

Ask yourself though if they can insure for that amount what the chances are of failure.

In my mind I never insure for something that I can afford to replace - in general I always come out on top financially so far.

[ QUOTE ]

Extended warranties are nothing more than insurance policies.

Ask yourself though if they can insure for that amount what the chances are of failure.

In my mind I never insure for something that I can afford to replace - in general I always come out on top financially so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. 169144-ok.gif