RS4 B7 - Tyres

fardene

I know this has been discussed previously, but whats the forum most recommended tyre for the B7 RS4. I'm going to be in the market for my third set (incl original) in the next few weeks. The car came with Pirelli Pzero rosso and whilst I can't really complain (other than only getting only 12-13,000 miles on a set) I thought the wisdom of the forum may be useful to know.

Mark

Having read the audi mag article on the mtm supercharged rs4 where they say they use michelins, if you look closely the car is running of toyo T1Rs - perhaps these may be a good tyre to use? I am changing to these next change - admitted i don't have an rs4 (yet) but certainly these tyres seem to be getting good reviews.

[ QUOTE ]

Is that related to the extra 200 kg of the cab over the saloon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely. His problems were with the sidewall rupturing after driving over (normal) cats-eyes in the road. Seems the sidewalls on the PZero Rossos are quite weak, and prone to failure in normal everyday use - at least on normal British roads!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I've got Michelin PS2's on mine now - a lot better than the shite Pirelli's

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say that Daz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read about Daz's problems with PZero Rosso's on www.rs246.com - it doesn't make pleasant reading, and some of the pictures are pretty scary too!

[/ QUOTE ]

There have also been a few other people who've had issues with Pirelli sidewalls failing on various other cars too.

[ QUOTE ]

I must admit I do Not drive the wheels off my Car, I have the PZ's XL, and find them fine, I had the PS2's on the last one and found them Noisey!!!

Driving style prohaps!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you must be the ONLY one in the world who thinks the PS2's are noisy!!!! ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I must admit I do Not drive the wheels off my Car, I have the PZ's XL, and find them fine, I had the PS2's on the last one and found them Noisey!!!

Driving style prohaps!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you must be the ONLY one in the world who thinks the PS2's are noisy!!!! ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Prohaps it was due to them being run flats..........