Veyron Pegaso - When 1000bhp Just ain't enough....

Torino101

Suspect this has probably been posted before - but here it is, one of the first "tuned" Veyrons - now up to 1200bhp!

smashfreakB.gif

Love the comment in here:

"...we guess it's important for Russian oil barons to set themselves apart from the rest of the mere "filthy rich," and show the world they're actually part of the "ridiculously rich" club." yelrotflmao.gif

http://jalopnik.com/cars/booyah-bugatti/...ough-285512.php

[ QUOTE ]

"...we guess it's important for Russian oil barons to set themselves apart from the rest of the mere "filthy rich," and show the world they're actually part of the "ridiculously rich" club."

[/ QUOTE ]

....The words "obscenely rich" come to mind. Russia seems to be a world of hideous extremes - I guess it always has been.

[ QUOTE ]

I read an article recently where a veyron engineer commented that 1000bhp was very conservative, apparently they produce closer to 1150bhp cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In which case, 50 BHP is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but those buying it think they're getting an extra 200 BHP. It's all about perceptions at that end of the market!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I read an article recently where a veyron engineer commented that 1000bhp was very conservative, apparently they produce closer to 1150bhp cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In which case, 50 BHP is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but those buying it think they're getting an extra 200 BHP. It's all about perceptions at that end of the market!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought it was meant to be nearer 1050 ps myself, just to be safe on the 1000 claim. Of course it's actually a lot more than that given all the associated stuff the engine has to power.

[ QUOTE ]

What annoys me, is that site has no stats on the new car, other than it having an extra couple of horses.

Id want to know the different performance figures. How much quicker is it to 100/200 how much faster is the top end, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they let the customer draw their own conclusions... tongue.gif

From what I heard the car can easily make more power (1000bhp cars have been round for quite some time) but the difficutly is making them drivable and able to operate under the range of conditions expected (ie caned through Saudi in 40C heat).

If Bristol can produce 1100 odd with the special edition Fighter and any number of US based tuners can extract 1000bhp from tuned Corvette engines I'd want a bit more than an extra 100-200 bhp for the money.