Scratch removal pen.

Sponge

Hi!

When you say keyed, can you feel it with your finger nail or your see white (unless its a white car!)?

These ideas of scratch repairs can sometimes help, but often the tasks so big that they dont have a realistic chance of making it better. That said many scratches can benefit from even a hand polish with something like Meguiars ScratchX 2.0 and Ultimate Compound. Once you soften the edges marks tend to be less visable as they do not catch the light so much.

Geoff

Ahh yeah, thats always worst when they get to the white.

Get a touch up paint kit, and fill in a layer at a time in the scratch.

Purchase this: Langka The Blob Eliminator (2oz) - Shinearama

And use it to thin out the clearcoat layer that you put on top. Apply something highly reflective such as Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection to the car (the reflections help hide the imperfections!). You can probably get it looking pretty decent.

• 2 years later...
Guest scratchpens
Thanks. +++

Sorry and all that, but seriously read the T&cs before signing up.

Edited by shao_khan
spam ad

I find spam to be very good at curing scratches. There's something about the consistency of the processed meat that allows it to fill the scratch perfectly. Take care to keep the spam tin away from the paintwork though, it has sharp edges.

I find spam to be very good at curing scratches. There's something about the consistency of the processed meat that allows it to fill the scratch perfectly. Take care to keep the spam tin away from the paintwork though, it has sharp edges.

Would Luncheon Meat work in lieu of Spam?

Would Luncheon Meat work in lieu of Spam?

Depends on the car. Luncheon meat works ok for cheap Korean imports, whereas you'll need proper spam for premium models. For a supercar, only finely sliced venison.

Corned beef? Pu-lease!

Depends on the car. Luncheon meat works ok for cheap Korean imports, whereas you'll need proper spam for premium models. For a supercar, only finely sliced venison.

Corned beef? Pu-lease!

Ha Ha! Very good:roflmao:

• 7 months later...

Those scratch removal pens are useless. i have tried a few and if they work they mask it a bit but as you change your viewing angle, you can see it is still there

My advice....if you wish to try it out anyway..buy it try it and return it . Buy one that offers so called result money back guarantee though so that when you return it you can always say the stuff does not work and get your money back.