Scotty

VAG-COM user database

104 posts in this topic

anyone with vag-com in ireland. i'm thinking of getting cruise control and i'm told i will need to have it turned on???

thanks.

D. 169144-ok.gif

Hi guys

Is there anyone from Cambridge (Cambs) with VAGCom please who could help me out with diagnosing a fault?

Thanks

Tony.

Junc7 M11 too far? If not let me know via email/IM

HI Scotty,

Added my details as I have VAG.com and will try to help where I can!

Paul

Good man! 169144-ok.gif

Least I could do mate! There have been loads of people on here that have been prepared to help even though I am a newbie!!

jump.gif

Just added myself to the database, got the gear but no idea..... confused.gif

"got the gear but no idea"

Welcome to the club! yelrotflmao.gif

I have a HEX-COM+CAN plus VAG-COM 607.2 running on a Dell laptop.

Due to unemployment buttcheeks.gif I can help out anyone near Southampton (Hants, Dorset, West Sussex) needing access to VAG-COM. Either you come to me, or I'll come to you if you'll cover the cost of my petrol (and you'll get to see/hear an RS4! 169144-ok.gif).

PM me if interested.

[ QUOTE ]

"got the gear but no idea"

Welcome to the club! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I apply too?

I haven't actually got it in my grubby little mitts yet, but it's winging its way as we speak.

VAG-COM License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface

Oh yes, based just north of Liverpool.

[ QUOTE ]

VAG-COM. and you'll get to see/hear an RS4! 169144-ok.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

........and drive maybe? smirk.gif

I have my own VAG COM, but i can pretend for a go in an RS4 grin.gif

My car needs to be diagnosed properly.. The engine keeps cutting out after about 2 mins.

Had it diagnosed by a local mechanic, on his laptop (not VAG COM) it came up as "HALL TRANSDUCER" as the error, so got the part from Audi and replaced it but still got the same fault!!!! frown.gif

Im guessing his diagnostic software was some cheap stuff.. can anyone with VAG COM help? Im near Gants Hill in Essex. Got a old shape A3? frown.gif

Hi,

I use Vag-Check rather than Vag-Com, which is essentially a PDA version of the VAG diagnostic software. I have the latest version including lead which is fully CANBUS compliant and will carry out essentially the same checks as Vag-Com. If interested I can put this on the database.

I am based in the far North of Scotland so would be useful for anyone based up here.

Good idea. Go for it as I know there's only a handful registered up there. 169144-ok.gif

OK, Now on Database. Noticed that this database is predominantly US based. Any benefit in this web site starting up its own UK based database?

regards

I wouldn't think so. Just keep adding to that one otherwise you'll end up with forum registers instead of a register for everyone.

Hi, looking for someone that would install and program my VAG COM. Installing rns-e + Media Interface into A4 cab 56 plate. Needs to be located near me on the south coast - I live in Bournemouth.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi, looking for someone that would install and program my VAG COM.

[/ QUOTE ]

VAG-COM installs itself - just download it from the Ross-Tech website, and click on the file. It installs itself and puts an icon on your desktop.

Connect the lead to your laptop and your car, turn the ignition on, click on the VAG-COM icon and then the Test button. VAG-COM is now fully installed and working.

I have now got a Hex+usb+can unit so can help anyone out in the Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs area. 169144-ok.gif

I purchased the autonostics vag com usb cable of e-bay and wondering what program to use as it tells me I can only use version 409.1 but were do I get it and what price or is there an alternative

[ QUOTE ]

It might be an idea for all willing owners of VAG-COM to register their details HERE

It will then help those searching for assistance.

I've been on it for a couple of years and it's helped a few people out. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl is going offline June 30.

I have offered to host the existing database provided I can import it and have set up a database for these and new entries at http://www.vagcomlocator.com .

The search will make it possible to find owners of not only VAGCOM but other VAG tools such as the Haldex Filter tool for our R32. Let me know what you think, I am by no means a web guru and this is a ready made database provided by my hosting service, but it should serve the purpose wink.gif