Is love a strong word?

Woppum

There was a 2nd hand 997 GT3 at the local dealers this weekend (they are across the road from where the .:R32 was getting new tyres) - in one of those lovely grey shades. Mine for a snip at $219K Aust. :(

Better was the key I was thrown to a beautiful new, very shiny and very black Cayman with PDK I was told to thrash around the suburb a few times. I hated the lag at takeoff (from lights) but when it was moving, the shift was awesome! +++

I was told to come back in about3 weeks when the new Cayman S was arriving, but having seen that GT3... :uhoh:

The 997 GT3 is stunning, but IMHO, it doesn't shine a light on the definitive 911, the 993 Turbo S:

seinfeld-porsche-993-turbo-s.jpg

Understand your position however they are very different cars. The 993 wont hold a candle to the Gt3 on track. Really want one for the roll cage, power, harnesses, lifting front end and looks. Really dont want one to drive to work in...:(

I'd agree with you there, Woppum. On the track, the 997 GT3 is the choice of steed. Whereas the GT3 is pure race exotica for the enthusiast, for looks, the 993 Turbo S is untouchable. Mind you, although my heart would, in reality I wouldn't purposefully want to drive either each day to work.