Anyone used Reg transfers to sell a plate?

Tipex

I've come to the decision that I want to sell my private plate, I have simply decided that while I love my number plate, I could be having so much more fun with the money, and I think a better track day car would bring me more pleasure than the private plate.

Has anyone got any experience of Reg Transfers? they seem like a professional outfit, and sent me a magazine along with a quote of what they would return to me NET on the sale of my plate, the price is ok, not great but it's a profit on what I paid for it.

Anyone know of any other companies that are reputable so I can get a few quotes to make sure I'm not letting them keep too much of the sale price?

Anyone got any idea how long it takes on average to sell a plate?

And is it worth me contacting a company who's brand is the same as my plate to see if they are interested in a private sale?

The plate is my nickname BTW.

Edited by Tipex

A quick search shows Tippex is owned by Bic, I was hoping their HQ was in the UK so you could drop their CEO a cheeky letter, but they're in France and USA.

On the same subject, my BMW came with a standard-looking plate so I put my private plate on it. I have just realised that the original spells YES 2 XXX (XXX being the initials of a car about to be launched by a major Manufacturer). I'm wondering wether to put the old plate on my car (assuming DVLA haven't already assigned it), flog it pronto, then put my own plate back on ? Might be a faff, but worth a few bob ? It is generally a PITA swapping plates in my experience though... :confused:

I had my plate listed with them. When I did this I told them it's owner was my wife as it's in her name.

I just called them to say to cancel it and they won't take my word for it. They have to speak to my Mrs.

Since she's never spoken to them, it looks like that'll be on their site for a long time ;)

Would it be rude if I asked what a plate like that may fetch at open market? Apologies if it does :)

No probs, the plate is T1PEX, and Reg Transfers have offered to return me £7k net on the sale of it, I don't know what they will advertise it for though.

I bought it at DVLA auction some years ago for £6k inc fees etc.

I noticed they also have for sale T1PPX for just over £1k, if they offered me £7k and that plate, I'd sell immediately.

No probs, the plate is T1PEX, and Reg Transfers have offered to return me £7k net on the sale of it, I don't know what they will advertise it for though.

I bought it at DVLA auction some years ago for £6k inc fees etc.

I noticed they also have for sale T1PPX for just over £1k, if they offered me £7k and that plate, I'd sell immediately.

That'll get you a great track-worthy toy +++

I've had my plate registered for sale with them for 2 years now and have reduced the price a couple of times to well below their suggested price but still no takers. It's also a T1 xxx plate.

I suppose it's just not desirable enough but I'm not prepared to let it go for less than the DVLC price that I paid for it, I'll just hang on and keep renewing it.

i'd be surprised if t1 pex gets 7k in this market.

ebay it with a reserve and test........ +++

reg transfers will take forever to sell it. everyone knows they're a rip off. reg plate prices on way down - luxury disposable item. means bargains to be had if buying though.