Football results today

Luke

His starting 11 selections of late have been wrong. As soon as I saw who was starting against Swansea I knew we would lose.

He then comes out and says that he has been too loyal to last year's stars and needs to start with other players and plays the same ones again for the next two matches.

His signings have been woeful.

What he achieved can never be done again by Leicester and I feel terrible for the bloke but it is clear that things aren't working at the moment.

Some of that has to be down to the players' attitudes.

My personal view is that he should have been moved to an upstairs role. Maybe director of football or something and then a terrier of a manger that barks at players (Roy Keane?) brought in to give them a kick up the arse.

Whatever happens, Monday night against Liverpool is going to be interesting. I can see his name being sung throughout the match and maybe even fans turning their backs to the pitch as the players come out....

He managed Leicester to the Premier League title.  The Premier League title.  I repeat, the Premier League title.

The players have been appalling.

His signings might not have been brilliant but Leicester have a net transfer spend of under £20 million this season.

He wasn't exactly given a huge amount of money to support their defence of the title or Premier League status.  

Crystal Palace had a net spend of £32 million.

He shouldn't have been sacked.  He should have at least been given another 4-5 matches.  The comparison to Pearson is there for all to see.  He did nothing but cause the club endless disciplinary issues.  He may have built the backbone of the squad but do people really think he'd have taken them to the title?  Nope.

Lineker sums it well perfectly for me.  The timing is incredible.

What's more, as a club they have gone from being everyone's second team to being the most hated team on the planet right now.  Well, apart from the club that can't be named, obviously.

• Like 3

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight... Last summer, Ranieri should have ignored the received wisdom of fans and pundits. He should have cashed in on the sale of Vardy and Mahrez when he had the chance and trusted in his ability to build a new team to enjoy the Champions League and consolidate in the Premiership. If he'd done that, which admittedly would have seemed brave to some and stupid to most at the time, he'd still be manager and Leicester would be comfortably in mid-table.

And Vardy would have been no better this season at Arsenal than he's been at Leicester.

He was being interviewed by Italian tv on his doorstep when he had finished he beckoned us up. Had a chat and sad we were so grateful and what he achieved was amazing. Told him about my bets and he loved that! Asked if I had treated the wife (who took the photo) and I said of course. He told me to look after her! 

Great bloke! 

Fred has made me print the photo and put it in his school bag! 

• Like 13

On 2/25/2017 at 10:00 PM, Booster said:

He was being interviewed by Italian tv on his doorstep when he had finished he beckoned us up. Had a chat and sad we were so grateful and what he achieved was amazing. Told him about my bets and he loved that! Asked if I had treated the wife (who took the photo) and I said of course. He told me to look after her! 

Great bloke! 

Fred has made me print the photo and put it in his school bag! 

That's fantastic, Andy! Does he live round your way? What a gent!

Rob Kelly (remember him?) lived near me when he briefly managed Leicester. I might have mentioned I saw Vardeh [sic] in Melton not too long ago, I mistook him for a burglar, he was off for a jog in the park but looked so shadey outside the nice houses on Burton Road that I nearly called the rozzers!

8 hours ago, garcon magnifique said:

Fear not, everybody. We're bound to be due a Mourinho toddler tantrum before long. It'll all start falling apart then. Ibra will announce he's leaving, United will finish fifth and the Glazers will go bankrupt. 

:secret:

No tantrum for the foreseeable future. The officials have an agreement in place to disallow any opposition goal that isn't onside by 5yds. 

Not since the Fergie years have we seen such one sided decisions in favour of Man U. I know all teams get the rub of the green sometimes but this season has been a joke. There was a stat floating around the other day that had 9 United goals that shouldn't have been and 8 opposition goals ruled out that were good goals. Both stats were twice that of the next team in each category. 

The best one was against Palace where Utd won very late on. There was a cross that found an offside Ibra who handled it to an offside Pogba to score in the 47th minute of the first half. That goal sums up the 'luck' of Utd so far. 

I personally don't think this Utd side is any better than the Moyes or LVG one despite the cash injection, it's just the decisions were far more 'normal' under those two. 

2 hours ago, Cuprabob said:

It's came out now why the Leicester players played so good against Liverpool. The owners said if they didn't win the next manager is going to be Roy Hodgson...

Shamelessly stolen from H&J on talkSPORT. I did laugh out loud when I heard it earlier. 

• Like 1