Football results today

Luke

Tournament Songs. 

I can't help it but I do love a good football tournament song. We all know that for  every 3 Lions or Vindaloo there are 10 absolute shockers but there's something about a good one that raises a smile. 

Though I would share my favourite from this years Euros. I'm sure many of you have heard it. First play its OK, after 5 plays you will be singing it all day. My kids and I sing it on loop whilst getting up in the morning. The Mrs hates us. 

It's the an Irish effort and please listen out to a couple of lines in particular 

'7 past Gibraltar and the Germans next in store, that's when John O'Shea became a God forever more'

'Slipped up against the Scotts, the lads kept their head with Germany coming over to put are hopes to bed. No one gave us a chance they said that we be bet till Randolph put it up and Shane Long stuck it in the net'

On 02 July 2016 at 1:39 PM, NewNiceMrMe said:

Welsh twats. :roflmao::bike:

I know it's embarassing scoring three times against the second ranked team in the World and being second only to tournament favourites France, in goals scored

The second goal against Belgium, was probably the best of the tournament so far, beating one of the best keepers around

So I guess we will keep on being twats for now ;)

I really am not enjoying being a Leicester fan right now. Kante gone, Mahrez half way out of the door (Range Rover windows yet to be bricked), Drinkwater unhappy, Schmichael linked with Everton but the real kicker is Steve Walsh (the main scout - found Vardy, Mahrez, Kante etc) about to move to Everton as well. 

aggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I don't think Schmeichel will go to Everton.  I think his Dad will tell him to spend another season at Leicester or wait for a better offer (because one will come).

I'm not sure Walsh would see Everton as a good move either.  It'll depend on how much money the new owners tell him they really have.

Man City have dropped out of the race for Mahrez.

Schalke have confirmed that Leroy Sane is to leave the club and City were going to sign either him or Mahrez (and they'd already bid for Sane so it is now a done deal).

That leaves Barcelona, Real, Chelsea and United still looking at Mahrez.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

24 minutes ago, Cuprabob said:

Listening to "Big Sam" at his press conference today on the radio, it was really hard to get the picture of Mike Bassett out of my head:-) 

Says the Scot who would give his right arm to have even Bertie Bassett in charge of his national team. :roflmao:

• Like 1

Yes, I think it is.  I also disagree.  I think he'll do well.

I think they have learned.  They should have appointed him long ago.  Real passion, genuine excitement, not scared to say what he thinks and a known man motivator.

Who else was there?  Pretty much nobody.

He is a vast improvement on Hodgson, Capello and a good few beforehand.  He is a passionate manager with decades of experience and he is vastly underestimated.  One of the first to put technology and the use of player data to real use and I for one am delighted he's got the job.