Me and CarMad know where it's at. (So does MrMe)

AudiPartner

Normally when I buy a new car I would spend the whole day cleaning it, and then I'd be out there with the SLR snapping away. However now we have Sam, to say I'm pushed for "me time" is an understatement. So having just been down the poshwash, since I had my iphone on me, I thought it high time to show you all what you're missing! Well, those of you who need proper cars I mean, not you lucky sods who don't need rear seats and a boot. Those were the days...

photo4-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo7-2.jpg

photo6-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

• Like 3

What don't you like, the colour coded strip under the badges? The previous owner did away with all the chrome. But then added s/steel cans!! +++  

Just the arse generally on the 5GT, if you've got a brown paper bag to put over it that would be ace.  :grin: (this isn't a slight, just personal preference, I drive a fugly 1 series)

Apart from that all looking fantastic.

Just the arse generally on the 5GT, if you've got a brown paper bag to put over it that would be ace.  :grin: (this isn't a slight, just personal preference, I drive a fugly 1 series)

Apart from that all looking fantastic.

Ah, understood. I thought you specifically meant my arse!

But yeah, I know the 5GT isn't to everyones taste. I guess that's why my once £50k car cost me little over £20k. It also serves a purpose being 5 door. :)

• Like 1

How much higher is it than a 5 saloon. I have been looking at 4x4's recently but to be honest the off roading I need to do could be done in a 2 wheel drive car. However I still liked the idea of raised driving position ans the ease to get in and out both for myself and putting kids in etc. I have been looking at these for about a week or so and am slowly coming around to the idea.

I will post a few pics of mine up a bit later.

It's a very nice place to sit and so much better than the Audi to drive in just about every way. You sit about 4/5" higher than in a 5 series saloon and it uses the 7 series wheelbase. Space in the back is generous to say the least. My 3 year old can get in the back behind the front seats and stand there taking his coat off before he climbs into his child seat; it must be over a foot maybe a foot and a half of space.

You can slide the rear seats forwards and recline them as well if you like but it still gives the rear legroom of a 5 series slalom when you do that. It also comes with rear air suspension as standard which self levels.

And it shifts for such a large car and the engine does not sound like a diesel, very smooth indeed.

I still see Austin Maxi. But - I can see these make a lot of sense. Is the floor in the rear footwell flat, or does the centre seat have a lump were the transmission tunnel runs under your feet? I have 3 kids and like something with a flat floor in the back. This seems to rule out a huge amount of cars. :(

Prius. Totally flat floor.

I'm starting to sound like Tipex.

• Like 1

It rules the normal 5 series out as a taxi, the hump just takes too much of the footwell up, so having never seen inside a GT i'd be interested to know too.

I'm pretty sure Mrs T's Prius has a hump? The Galaxy has a properly flat floor, makes the space so much more useable.

I've said I like them for a while much to people's amusement but I never have been a follower of fashion. I quite like the fact you don't see lots about.

I just can't get over how capable it is for such a big car and how well it rides for such low profile rubber. I'm sure I will shed a tear at having to replace 20" 275x35profile run flats that's going to hurt the old bank balance a tad to say the least.

What are people using for GAP, I see Ala is cheap and seems better than the rivals and is less than half the price of the BMW shortfall that they have offered at a discount.