Tut...Tut...Tut...

Cuprabob

Bring back the old 1.9 PD engine and tech! 

A bit of refining to bring it up to date and although it might have been noisy, but it did the figures it said on the can!  

This philosophy seems to work for Bentley's 6.75.  +++

Having had a PD150 in a Golf Mk4 (No not the 25th Anni just the standard GTI version) I can personally vouch that when you floored it, it produced more particulates and soot than a coal fired ocean going liner

The cloud burst was something to behold in the rear view mirror when slapping the pedal down, sorted of acted as your own portable smog screen to choke and confuse any pursuers in a street match +++

On a more concerning note:

It appears that VW have now been shut out of the ECB mechanism to purchase their car loans, rasing the prospect of VAG being unable to borrow to fund sales and lease deals on new cars

This is really going to help matters and mean that in all probability customers are going to have to pay increased interest costs on any new car VAG purchase for the forseeable

I thought it was just the Golf chassis based units (and Passat) that had the issue.

Maybe the VW board didn't do anything because the EU6 cars were coming out and didn't need the software?  Afterall, who tests an old car?  (The US does!!!)

This article gives details of where the EA189 engine group is used across the group...........

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publ...at-and-audi-dealers-braced-for-bad-news/95867

Share price now at 98.

Booster did you take some profits on the dead cats bounce or are you holding for the long term. 

The shares are nearly back to a 5 year low again today. 

Sold half and sat on half. The rest look like being a long term keeper.

From a finance perspective, VW are now looking pretty awful. I'm sure this is a knee jerk reaction but some of the long term residuals have been revised today by thousands of pounds!! :wacko:

Ran a quote a couple of weeks ago for a chap buying a Tiguan 2.0TDi 4WD Match 150. Three year residual at the time was £12960. Today it is £11665.

Golf 2.0Tdi is down by £1700.

Not good. The knock on is for those that have guaranteed residuals, great! Those that don't, not so great!

Skoda now saying "several million" vehicles affected, no word from Seat yet, being Spanish they are probably shrugging their shoulders and pretending they don't know what everyone is talking about!

What about Porsche? Don't some of their new models come with a hateful 4 pot diesel?

• Like 1

Terrible news... SEAT, Porsche probably next..... with so many Brands in the poo, it wouldn't surprise me if ALL the brand cars were subjected to extensive external 3rd party verification and testing to see if they have this "defeat" active on the ECU's.

Imagine Volkswagen going bust...... after all they own Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Porsche etc :(

Edited by Riz

Terrible news... SEAT, Porsche probably next..... with so many Brands in the poo, it wouldn't surprise me if ALL the brand cars were subjected to extensive external 3rd party verification and testing to see if they have this "defeat" active on the ECU's.

Imagine Volkswagen going bust...... after all they own Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Porsche etc :(

You can bet that somewhere, some organisation is already testing every car, petrol and diesel to 'out' manufacturers, it'll be one of the media outlets but you can bet it's already happening. Edited by Tipex
  • Like 1

Sold half and sat on half. The rest look like being a long term keeper.

From a finance perspective, VW are now looking pretty awful. I'm sure this is a knee jerk reaction but some of the long term residuals have been revised today by thousands of pounds!! :wacko:

Wonder if its impacted my 1.6tdi beetle residuals.  ;)

Skoda now saying "several million" vehicles affected, no word from Seat yet, being Spanish they are probably shrugging their shoulders and pretending they don't know what everyone is talking about!

What about Porsche? Don't some of their new models come with a hateful 4 pot diesel?

No the Porsche 4 pot is a petrol. 

VW plans to 'recall' up to 11 million vehicles, owners of affected vehicles will be contacted "in the next few days" and invited to have their cars refitted in the coming months. 

The scores on the doors:

VW - 5 million

Audi - 2.1 million

Skoda - 1.2 million 

Seat - 700,000

Volkswagen's commercial vehicles division has said 1.8 million vehicles are among those affected by the emissions-rigging scandal.

It's going to be a busy time in the service dept.

Reports have since surfaced that Volkswagen was warned about the legality of its software as far back as 2007. According to the EPA, this means that the cars under investigation could be emitting up to 40 times the national standard for nitrogen oxide. The cars affected are 2009-2014 Jettas, Beetles, Golfs, Audi A3s, and VW Passats built from 2014-15.

Edited by Andy_Bangle

You know all the problems a quick update can cause  :unsure:

What if the owners refuse?

What if the owners notice worse fuel consumption or worse acceleration afterwards?

I feel a shitstorm approaching...

I feel many drivers will refuse or be unable to fit in time for the update,  if I drove a VW (can't ever see myself wanting too) I wouldn't bother.  

"Can you drop your car off and leave it with us for a couple of hours we whilst we carry out the update?  BTW, we have a special offer on servicing, wiper blades, winter check .... " F**K off!
Edited by Andy_Bangle

I wonder if they are going to post the knock on effect of the change.

Please sir / madam

We would like you to bring your car in so we can make it use more fuel and drop your performance from time to time. This may also cause you to pay more tax each year but it will mean that your car will meet the emissions standards it should have done when we delivered the car to you in the first place. 

Yours hoping this is fine and dandy. 

VW Board... 

I don't see any problems at all. :coffee:

• Like 1

If they don't notice any difference, then that implies that VW could have installed legal ECUs without affecting anything that mattered to customers.

In which case, why did they bother?

In the power games between all these companies, every BHP counts!

Also shows that no-one was brave enough to say 'Stop building this sh1tty engine and start again from scratch - PDQ!'

Oh, and sack the Risk Manager!

What Sharky needs to do (imho!) is get hold of an affected VW asap, download the mapping and test it thoroughly, then let VW recall it, and look again.  then he can back up his advertising with "VW took x bhp away from you" etc.  First tuner to report that to the Internet is going to get a lot of hits +++