A4 cabs all over the place

scooby_simon

if its so obvious, then all the people buying their m-bodykits are wasting their money. the rear looks the same apart from the exhausts and badge. the arches are wider yes, but the fronts look very similar (i'm comparing with mkII m-sports pack)

but the main point i was making above was that both cars have the same curves/lines/shape etc and i was confused how a 3 series cab doesnt look as a good as an a4 cab in your opinion, but an m3 cab looks better than an a4 cab in your opinion.

its just a debate. 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

On the M3 v S4 - I think the M3 (cab too) looks a good deal more aggresive.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but thats intentional branding.

BMW design in-your-face aggressive styling. Audi prefer to style more discretly. some prefer one, some the other.

personally i prefer discrete. hence i drive audi's.

that would be a tough decision for me, I also drive an Audi and prefer the A4cab to the 3 series cab, BUT, if I were in the position to choose between the S4 cab or the M3 cab,

THAT WOULD BE A TOUGH ONE confused.gif and I have to admit at this time I am swaying toward the M3 cab ( I cant believe I just said that!)

[ QUOTE ]

No it is not!

I have not come across anyone who confused any other 3 series cab with an M3 cab....the differences are very very obvious even from a distance!!!!

We're talking much wider arches for a start and the rear looks completely different! As does the front!

I cannot believe for a second that anyone would confuse them!

My Coupe was never confused for a 318, 320, 325, 330, and by Convertible parks near a 320 convertible at work and the two cars look very very different as many would bear witness to!

No way on this earth!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definately agree to this. The widened stance of the M3 is very defferent to any other 3 series and very noticable when you see one in your rear view mirror.

I wished Audi would have done something similar to the S4 cab as you could mistake an S4 to an A4 quite easily. Their are images of a test mule RS4 B7 with widened arches, so perhaps Audi want us to spend well in excess of £50k for that sporty look. smirk.gif

So, according to our Cabrio Audi friends,who thinks:

THIS BMW

Could be mistaken for

THIS BMW

Basically, you can't add the wheels - despite what you have said - YOU JUST CAN'T.

Plus, yes they could add four tailpipes I'm sure...and wider arches and change the bonnet, and change the front air dam and change the wings and change almost everything else...

Sorry, it really isn't even an argument!

We need ARI.

Please ARI. As an Audi A4 Cabriolet owner that I know with taste and sense...please contribute and tell me do you honestly see any credibility in their argument that a 318i Conv can be mistaken for an M3 Conv.....

Because I am losing my sanity with these people.

I don't think they even drive....thats all I can summise!

[ QUOTE ]

We need ARI.

Please ARI. As an Audi A4 Cabriolet owner that I know with taste and sense...please contribute and tell me do you honestly see any credibility in their argument that a 318i Conv can be mistaken for an M3 Conv.....

Because I am losing my sanity with these people.

I don't think they even drive....thats all I can summise!

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry mate, but its a debate.

dont comment on people you havent met ok!

the pictures you just used to compare prove the point i was making cos they look sooo similar.

get over it.

What I find funniest of all is this:

Initially, you praised me for my lack of bias to a brand.

Next, you demonstrate unequivocally that you are completely incapable of such quality yourself!

Seriously, if you think a 3 series cab can be mistaken for an M3 Convertible then I fear for road users in your vicinity when driving - because you're likely not to notice them and be frequently involved in collisions.

Oh, and another thing, next time you tell me to "Get over it" - I'll shove your Audi up your arse.

i take back my initial comment where i thought you had brand-independent taste.

you are now acting on this forum like many bmw drivers do on the roads. i dont like it. you havent met me, know nothing about me, and this is a friendly forum.

my comments are saying how similar the M3 cab looks to the non-M 3 series sport cab. it doesnt say if i think they are ugly or not. just whether they look similar.

the love of cars is subjective. these things are debates, which i, and many others on here find fascinating. i dont need to be aggressive to discuss things.

if you met me in person, you'd reconsider your comments.

they're childish and sadly, very befitting to the brand of vehicle you drive.

[ QUOTE ]

And my uneducated fellow TSN-er, why doesn't the 3 seriesin your picture have the M alloys...

...because they don't fit!!!!!

Brain into gear, then speak, it works wonders.

[/ QUOTE ]

once again.... if you knew me... you'd be very embarrassed at calling me uneducated.

fekr.gif

And yet again you demonstrate you have a complete bias as an anti-BMW TSN-er.

What have my comments got to do with the vehicle I drive?

Nothing, absolutely nothing. Sterotypical BMW drivers?

The reason I have become so frustrated with your posts is that you demonstrate no inclination to take note of the facts (see ample e-mails above). Instead, you blindly post the fact that you can add a bodykit (you can't add the same) and wheels (you can't add E46 M3 wheels) and hey presto you have a M car. And you even said thats why many people buy other 3 series convertibles and make them look like M cars? Do they really? People spend £25k+ and then try to tart their new acquisition up to look like a car it will never remotely resemble.

Unfortunately all your posts demonstrated a complete lack of facts.

My attempts to provide you with them fell on blinkered eyes and profoundly deaf hearing, clearly.

I shall call Ari whenever I want thank you too, because he demonstrates an ability to relate to facts and make a rational post upon consideration of the said facts.

You're right about this being a friendly forum and perhaps my final comment was OTT. For that I apologise. However, have you ever provided someone with a plethora of facts only for them to reply without even looking at them (obviously) and then realised the person with which you thought you were having a debate has no intention of doing so because they don't know, won't know and won't show consideration to, THE FACTS.

It is your last comment that demonstrates perfectly your own accusation of my childishness - befitting of the brand you drive - I believe thats what you think?

Perhaps we can open that up to the other BMW drivers on here for comments.

Actually, we may as well close this thread.

Your posting of the 3 series cabriolet with optional dual spoke alloys and thinking that they were either the 18" M3 alloys or the 19" M3 alloys is demonstration enough of everything I have said.

You simply know very little about the car you are talking about.

So, what is the point in me even trying to have a sensible conversation with you about it? Know your cars? I beg to differ.

[ QUOTE ]

What have my comments got to do with the vehicle I drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing. but you are acting like many bmw drivers do on the roads.

ps... i've had several bmw's and dont hate the brand. the only ugly bmw's in my opinion are the 1-series and the X3.

and yes people do try and make their £20K cars look like £35K cars because the majority of people want more than they can afford. thats human nature.

[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately all your posts demonstrated a complete lack of facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

how's thats then?