Hotel/apartment recommendations in Paris

s4dreamer

Try the Hotel Le Parc Paris, it is part of the Sofitel Demeure chain. It is just off the Champs Elysees and is off a real Parisian square with great places to have breakfast or just pig out on cakes and coffee.

The bedroom we stayed in is one of the best hotel rooms we have been in, it was like staying in a big country house but bang in the middle of Paris, and it had a view overlooking the courtyard so it was really quiet too.

Search around for prices because if you go over the weekend they will usually do you 3 nights for 2, and the weekends are pretty cheap anyway.

http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fichehotel/gb/sof/2797/fiche_hotel.shtml

Like djbs4 says, St. germain is the area you will probably end up spending most of your time, so get close to there, the Le Parc Sofitel is about 5 mins away however because it is really on the business area it is alot cheaper at the weekend than the hotels in the tourist area.

Paris is a really small city, the surburbs are big, but everything in the city is really close, no need for taxis at all.

I usually stay here: http://www.worldexecutive.com/directory/france/paris/hotels/fr204.html when visiting Paris. It's a nice central hotel (virtually directly opposite the Louvre, and round the corner from the Ritz) with good rooms and excellent service. Parking is also avaialble if required.

oops...should have added, it's not cheap, but not astronimcally expensive either... I think it's good value for what you get and where it is

[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to take the wife away for a long weekend in Paris later in the year.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel or apartment, near the centre, which isn't going to break the bank ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Trev,

I took my GF here last year for her Birthday and had a fantastic time.

Hotel Le A

2 minutes from the Champs Elysees and 5 from the Arc de Triomphe.

If you book online you get a 10% discount and the rooms are very 'arty' and trendy if you like that sort of thing.

Drinks in the bar are overpriced but there are so many places in Paris to go that you don't need to eat there at all (albeit breakfast was lovely IIRC).

We took the Eurostar to Paris and then got a taxi to the hotel.

169144-ok.gif

JT

[ QUOTE ]

Try and take her up the Eiffel Tower if you get the chance, but make sure she's been to the Louvre first.

[/ QUOTE ]

The restaurant in the Eiffel Tower was absolutely spot on grin.gif

I'm not usually that into my food - I much prefer the atmosphere of a place and am ok as long as the food is edible and they can cope with my weird diet. The food at that place though was absolutely by far probably the best restaurant meal I've ever had notworthy.gif