Lcd tv?

Hector-8

have seen 3 lcd tvs one is ...

Wharfedale 26in Widescreen Integrated Digital LCD TV. £499

Wharfedale LCD26HD 26in Widescreen LCD TV and Stand. £499

Bush LCD26TV006HD 26in LCD TV. £499

does anyone rate these,its only for the bedroom,is hd tv much better.

i bought the girlfriend a LG 20" lcd and its great,but id be after something bigger

I got a samsung 26 inch with freeview from freemans.co.uk, for £480 using a 20% off discount code (look on hotdeals.co.uk for the code) . Took ages to arrive but well worth the wait. Viewed it next to some of the cheaper ones in currys and the picture is streets ahead of the bush, lg and wharfdale ones.

Wouldnt worry about HD if you're looking at 26inch. You will only really be able to tell the difference between HD and SD on panels above 32inches.

Would you be willing to lose 3 inches (:o)?

This looks like a reasonably decent deal, and Pannys have an excellent reputation.

where could i get a 26" lcd hd widescreen with freeview for under £450?thats my budget on a tv,could drop either freeview or hd but not both,if a 26" screen is no ood with hd well then id go more for freeview,love e4 and sky sports and men and motors,i have it at mo on a single box but i could do with loosin a few leds and plugs in this room

Try argos mate.

Most of the cheaper LCD's are made by the same company, regardless of the brand.

e.g. Wharfdale/Nakomi etc... you can see this if you look at the on-screen menu etc.

The wharfdale's in argos looked very good- no dead pixels and bright/sharp picture. I was messing with them the other day when I was waiting for some stuff to pick up.

[ QUOTE ]

Have a look at Richer Sounds, they tend to be very cheap and although most of the discount stuff will not be full HD, fine for bedroom stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I got a 23" Philips HD ready LCD from Richer Sounds for £500 - bargin I reckon, if only I'd managed to hang it on the wall level 169144-ok.gif

yeah thanx for reminder,got the wharfdale for £449 hd widescreen,no freeview,but i have a box and its actually workin better than it did with my old tv,the wharfdale looks the part and it has a good pic,itl do the job,its good for the money,thanx for help guy

• 3 weeks later...

Since this is an LCD TV thread, without wanting to hijack but little choice as I can't be arsed to move to CPU smoke.cock, if given the choice between a 32" LCD and a 37" Plasma, which would people go for?

Both are HD ready with intergrated tuners. Reason for asking is that I still have concerns over plasma TV longevity and heat emissions, are they as bad as they used to be?

• 2 weeks later...