Fancy doing your first track day in a BMW M3 CSL?

NewNiceMrMe

[ QUOTE ]

Silly thing is if he'd just let it spin in the first place rather than a bunch of see-sawing half-corrections he might have got away with it smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone natural reaction would be to correct it. Still an expensive blooper!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

When I hit my MX-5 if I hadn't tried to steer into it I'd probably of just done a 180 in the road rather than extending the slide and hitting a signpost....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.

When I hit my MX-5 if I hadn't tried to steer into it I'd probably of just done a 180 in the road rather than extending the slide and hitting a signpost....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, the other TSN'ers who were at car limits can vouch for my comedy over-correction...a GTI has never danced so ungracefully grin.gif

Did I mention I was willing to bet if the odds were better than 100/1? grin.gif

It was just a little joke respone to the rather curious notion that quattro might have saved him...

As I mentioned in my last post, you can still get into an awful fishtaily mess in a 4wd car. tongue.gif

Edit: In fact, on a dry track, there's no grip advantage at all from 4wd - just different handling characteristics over the limit.

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: In fact, on a dry track, there's no grip advantage at all from 4wd - just different handling characteristics over the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but that's wrong!

Grip is all relative to the friction. Rain has less than dry but dry doesn't give infinate grip. Different surface grip more or less that others (such as shell grip near crossings). Since in the dry (as well as the wet) you can still lose adhesion then quattro still pays off. Admittedly to a lesser extent than in the wet.