Deposit down on R36

ROYLANCE

Being a dealer i would be foolish to have one car now wouldn't I.

RS4 i bought to sell at a profit.

Golf is a daily driver clocking up 800 miles a week.

Wouldn't mind having a bid at that ferrari in your pic but then thats way out of my league.

RS6 in my pic was a 53 reg and the most awsome car i have ever owned. (just in case you were wondering what 450bhp felt like)!

Oh well that makes at least three of us "suckers" who have laid down the loot.................... beerchug.gif

Could be big egg on face or grin.gif all round.......

have to be honest here by the way, love my MK5 R32, but it just has'nt got "X" factor for me,after 5 months driving her, just a bit too comfy and refined, not a criticism,but would like something a bit more "hardcore" I guess.

Trouble is I am a bit of a VW Golf fan,so I will wait patiently and see what pans out. coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My friends, there will be no Golf R36, the R36 will be a passat, not a Golf, so YES the R36 is coming but NOT as a Golf, maybe you should get you money back my friend..

[/ QUOTE ]

A racing Passat ? Cant quite get my head round that to be honest confused.gif

Well hate to dissapoint you emile, but I do have an extremely reliable source, who I have just taken the time to e-mail, and he reckons that info is just plain b*ll*cks!

Yes there will be an 3.6 sport passat version,with FWD Haldex, but definitely no "R" version of the passat.......the R36 for the american market is a definite with "DSG only" option for that market.

Whether the UK will see the car at all, in a RH drive version seems to be the major issue at the mo..............

So no thanks "my freind" my monies staying at the stealers, covering "one definite" and "one maybe"

Maybe as you are so well informed you could let us into the "definite"..............

Let's just say ,I wont hold my breath

[ QUOTE ]

have to be honest here by the way, love my MK5 R32, but it just has'nt got "X" factor for me,after 5 months driving her, just a bit too comfy and refined, not a criticism,but would like something a bit more "hardcore" I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why put money down on an R36 them? Same thing, bigger engine.

[ QUOTE ]

Well hate to dissapoint you emile, but I do have an extremely reliable source, who I have just taken the time to e-mail, and he reckons that info is just plain b*ll*cks!

Yes there will be an 3.6 sport passat version,with FWD Haldex, but definitely no "R" version of the passat.......the R36 for the american market is a definite with "DSG only" option for that market.

Whether the UK will see the car at all, in a RH drive version seems to be the major issue at the mo..............

So no thanks "my freind" my monies staying at the stealers, covering "one definite" and "one maybe"

Maybe as you are so well informed you could let us into the "definite"..............

Let's just say ,I wont hold my breath

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's just trying to say that the 3.6 engine will be in the passat. 169144-ok.gif

There's already a W8 passat anyway, so sporty passats aren't new. Could happen?

[ QUOTE ]

So why put money down on an R36 them? Same thing, bigger engine.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put forward the same point for the RS4 versus the S4, you would get a similar reaction - totally different car - if it comes out tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think he's just trying to say that the 3.6 engine will be in the passat. 169144-ok.gif

There's already a W8 passat anyway, so sporty passats aren't new. Could happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3.6 will be in the Passat, but there's no way I would ever say that VW have ever done a "sporty" Passat. We've owned five of the things and run a TDI "Sport" now. The W8 was as far from a sporty model as a wallowing hippo. OK, so it had a big 8 cylinder engine in it and it was quite quick, but they sold about 6 of them and pulled the plug.

VW can't do big sports cars or limos. Look at the Phaeton. Nice car, but that's dying too. And don't even talk about depreciation EEK2.GIF

Sorry, but "Passat" can't be used in the same sentence as "sport".

An alleged Passat R-GT reared it's head on www.GermanCarFans.com a while ago, but that was just a concept.

Hi Mook 169144-ok.gif,

Fair point,but you are talking about a V6 as against that boat that was called the W8, the only one's they sold by the way, were the Demo one's forced upon the stealers by VW!

Having said that a sports line type passat, is in the pipeline, nothing radical, well certainly nothing as radical as an "R36" passat!!!!! EEK2.GIFEEK2.GIFEEK2.GIFEEK2.GIF

Does the fact that there is to be a 3.6 RSTT introduced at the end of next year with DSG Box (Auto Express this week)

Interestingly with a bored out 3.2 rather than current 3.6 FSI engine in the Passat, supposedly producing 300 to 350 Hp FIREdevil.gif

Only increase the likelyhood of an R36 hitting our shores next year?

I Fecking hope so grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif