Sooooooooo quiet.................

encee

Why is it so quiet in here ? confused.gif

I`m just defecting from the TSN GTI forum, as I`m just in the process of getting my first 330d M-Sport, and it`s just dead in here.

I`m not trying to offend, and I apologise if I have, but c`mon, this needs sorting as the Beemer is at LEAST as good as the VW, and we need to be discussing this.....

Having said that, maybe I just need to get out more................ grin.gif

Cheers Peter, and thanks for the reply. 169144-ok.gif

I went for the saloon mate, and TBH, until I went in the place, I`d never even thought about buying a diesel before, so I`ve even shocked myself !

Basically, as I said, I needed 4 doors with the new addition coming, and, as I`ve already got a re-mapped Mk V GTI, I wanted something that would give me the same excitement as that, with the same sort of build quality, hence I started thinking about the BMW`s.

I went into the dealer, and initially drove an E90 325, which, TBH, was underpowered compared to my re-mapped GTI, which turns out around 245 bhp. But, and it`s a big BUT, I liked absolutely everything else about the 325, ie; looks, handling, braking, interior...............

The dealer, being a good salesman, and knowing I was walking away from a 325-deal, mentioned what a torque-monster the 330d was, and so it was that a test-drive proved him right.

I thought it was fantastic, and has even more torque than my GTI, along with everything else.

What is also a bonus, is the increased MPG, the lower insurance, and the lower road-tax, so anyway, there we go, and I`m picking up my new beast next Monday.

I really cannot wait, and am looking forward to my first ownership of a diesel, not to mention the amazing torquey engine, the fantastic handling and grip that this car has, along with the beautiful balance and progressive braking, the excellent build quality, and aggressive good looks.

I hope it lives up to my expectations................and I think it will. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

...I hope it lives up to my expectations................and I think it will. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it will as well grin.gif The M Sport ones look much better than the standard cars I think; I had an E46 330d m Sport a while back, and it was fantastic fun. Am quite tempted by the new touring, but not ready to change quite yet!!

Let us know how it goes 169144-ok.gif

Peter

[ QUOTE ]

Why is it so quiet in here ? confused.gif

I`m just defecting from the TSN GTI forum, as I`m just in the process of getting my first 330d M-Sport, and it`s just dead in here.

I`m not trying to offend, and I apologise if I have, but c`mon, this needs sorting as the Beemer is at LEAST as good as the VW, and we need to be discussing this.....

Having said that, maybe I just need to get out more................ grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one encee, glad you got there in the end!! Happy motoring mate!! 169144-ok.gif

Brilliant ! Nice one gents, and many thanks for ALL the replies. 169144-ok.gif

Okay, my new baby is BMW AUC, on a `55 plate (28/12/05, only 3 days from being `06 confused.gif) and is "sparkling graphite" in colour, with black dakota leather.

It is pretty much standard spec, which I`m more than happy with, as it`s pretty good anyway in M-Sport guise. The only extra (apart from leather, which I don`t think anyone buys new without ?), is Blue-tooth prep.

It doesn`t have Satnav, but I wouldn`t need it anyway, as I only do about 8k a year.

I know you`re now probably thinking "Hang on, he`s bought a diesel, and only does 8k a year", but honestly, once I`d driven it, and experienced the mega-torque, I just had to have the 330d, and it had to be the M-Sport, as I do like to throw her about a bit, under the right circumstances of course. grin.gif

I must say, the overall balance of the car was just superb, and as a package, I would think it would be hard to beat.

So there we go, and I`m now less than a week away, but I`m so impatient when it comes to picking up a new car, so bear with me.................... ices_blah.gif

JDRM3: Yes mate, got there in the end. Different to the "M", but I`m over the moon with my choice. Cheers mate. 169144-ok.gif

PS: Once the new beast arrives, I`ll change my Avatar blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yep you hardly get any posts on BMW's really here. Im sure I wont get in trouble pointing out BM3W.co.uk is a good forum for BM's... but doesnt have the banter of TSN. Very nice, but a bit more serious 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No but I'd get in the poo for doing something similar there.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, my new baby is BMW AUC, on a `55 plate (28/12/05, only 3 days from being `06 confused.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd make it a 2006 car but it'd be on a "55" reg still. "06" didn't come in until 1st March, iirc 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes mate, I know it`d still be a 55.

What I was getting at was the fact that if the original owner had waited just 3 more days, it would`ve been registered in 06, and thus would command a slightly increased premium over a 55 plate 05 registered car.

Good for when you come to sell, but not as good when you`re buying. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

At a guess it was registered by BMW or a dealer at year end... Does the car have a registration beginning Y?55 - if so it's almost definitely an ex BMW UK car (no bad thing btw...)

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right that, Peter, begins with a `Y`.

I take it you have some sort of knowledge on this ?

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly right that, Peter, begins with a `Y`.

I take it you have some sort of knowledge on this ?

[/ QUOTE ]

sekret.gif Only that BMW register all their cars for 'own use' at the distribution centre in Thorne now, so all their cars have a prefix YA to YF IIRC. They used to be registered in Bracknell, but it changed mid last year IIRC.

If you regularly do an AUC car search on the BMW website for cars with less than 10k miles (as I do... grin.gif), you'll see that a huge number of them have Yx prefixes now, and are almost all BMW UK cars. You also get to see which options that BMW seems to put on the cars - Leather / Metallic / Bluetooth / Wheel upgrades (not M Sport) seem to be obligatory on the 6 cylinder 3s, with some also having satnav

As it was registered right at the year end, it pointed to someone trying to achieve a year end target, and the spec pointed to it being a BMW car. Simple really 169144-ok.gif

...Also, I know a few people who work at the RR plant in Goodwood - their 'company' cars are changed every 6 - 8k miles or 6 months jump.gif

Peter

Your welcome! Let us know how the car is once you've picked it up ECLIPSe.gif

Edited to add, wouldn't worry at all about it being an ex BMW car; staff are penalised for not looking after their cars, and all are prepared for re-sale at the Thorne site. You just get an almost new car for a much higher discount that they'd sell a new one for 169144-ok.gif

Peter

[ QUOTE ]

What I was getting at was the fact that if the original owner had waited just 3 more days, it would`ve been registered in 06, and thus would command a slightly increased premium over a 55 plate 05 registered car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not the case for a BMW UK car, but in a private purchase the dealer can sometimes make it worth your while if you help them meet their targets. You scratch their back ....

We did this with Mrs P's X3. Obviously I know that as a 2005 car it will be worth slightly less than a 2006 car when the time comes. But we have no plans to sell for some time, and the future loss was more than compensated for when we bought it grin.gif

The 911 on the other hand arrived at the dealer in November, but there was no inducement on offer in return for a 2003 registration instead of 2004. So ... 2 Jan 2004 it was. The wait was agonising, though! SAUER0421.GIF