BMW M3 CSL

mulkbear

883123-Dream.JPG

883126-22-07-06_1216.jpg

Last Saturday this got a "pre buy in check" at my dealership, I was the one carrying out the "pre buy in check" which involves a 5 mile minimum road test, all i can say it is the only vehicle that has scared me so much i was shaking after getting out of the car and heart beat not return to normal until 30min's after. It has become my dream car, and one day i will have ago in one on a race track.

Yet the man that owns the M3 CSL is trading it in for a new R32 confused.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im fairly keen on it to. 169144-ok.gif But I do understand swapping it for an R32. The only 2 cars I would even consider other than the CSL would be an RS4 or an R32... R32 would need a bit of tweeking now though tongue.gif

It is very hardcore. Form the seats to the noise then back to the ride quality. After a while I can see enough is enough for alot of people. In fact according to the dealerships and 2nd hand ones available, most owners dont use the car every day and they dont keep it very long. There are many examples about with well under 20k and have over 6 owners!

When his R32 is ready, the car will on the pitch, it is mint, not a mark on it, it has just had two tyres fitted to the rear and some service work done at BMW.

The two thing that was not nice were the transmission drag at slow speeds and the coating on the steering wheel

Unfortunately that’s what I found out on the weekend. The car handles a little differently in the wet to the R32. I somehow slowly managed to spin the car in to a hedge and cause.... wait for it.......

Currently up to just under £7k worth of damage but the list is continuing to rise.. Of course I feel sick with this, but what can you do. Makes me feel silly now worrying about depreciation...

Also worth mentioning this is all cosmetic work. It was a slow accident, just managed to damage the £2100 front bumper and the zillion other expensive parts around it...

Now it would certainly have been cheaper to buy an RS4... tongue.gif

Now ive said it. I have addmitted it. I have excusses, I just cant be bothered to expalin them... crazy.gif

P.S I am currently driving a fleet PT Cruiser which is the worst car I have ever driven!!! smashfreakB.gif

Sorry to hear about your wee mishap Woppum - not a nice start to ownership of a new car. frown.gif

Might be a good thing though, as you probably now know the cars limits a bit better than before. I hope you get it repaired with minimal fuss.

I bet your parents gave you a proper talking to when you told them! crazy.gif

They laughed actually. My mistake, my loss and they enjoy to see me suffering! (only joshing). It was a bit embarrassing having the family round the next day though...

In all fairness, I wasn’t speeding; I wasn’t being reckless. I went on Saturday as soon as it started raining. I thought this would be a good chance to see what its like in the wet. However something I totally neglected was the fact.

1. It was pouring

2. It hadn’t rained in 3-4 weeks

3. Every day for the last few weeks it has been baking

4. rubber builds up on the roads

5 when it rains it acts like a laminate between the road surface (the grip) and the tyre!

It was like being on ice or a diesel spill. In all my years ive never known anything like it...

I went round a corner. The car wouldn’t turn (under steer) give it a bit more lock. The front tyres byte, the rears loose it totally. The car goes in to massive over steer. the front bounces of a hedge (slowly) then finally the car comes to rest backwards in a hedge...

It was like being in a very slow pinball machine tongue.gif I cant have been going round the corner faster than 20 miles an hour. I probably hit the hedge at 5-10. But whatever its costing me a fortune (dont think IO want to loose my no claims!! EEK2.GIF)

[ QUOTE ]

This is why i decided on the RS4. With Audi safety biase and 4wd. It takes alot to get it wrong. I'm not a driving god so i thought i would buy the fastest most forgiving car i could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough but I had a CSL as my everyday car for nearly two years (even driving it snow FFS) and I didn't prang it...

Daz no doubt, no doubt...

Still it may sound odd, but even though the amount it has costed so far and is due to cost me. £ for £ its still not bad value considering how good the car is... [Looking for a silver lining here guys... help out!]

Chris.

Yes, I know how it looks. I cant be bothered to defend my self. My pride is badly dented etc. But the fact of the matter is I didnt think I was being silly, but I was obviously going too fast considering the conditions. Learnt now move on... No one was hurt and thats the main thing suicide.gif

Too young for the car... probably. But im a sensible chap who has been around fast cars most of my driving life. Ive never had an accident before, and hopefully wont again so its out my system. However, wish it was in the golf, would have been so much cheaper...

And will take a month before the parts come through.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This is why i decided on the RS4. With Audi safety biase and 4wd. It takes alot to get it wrong. I'm not a driving god so i thought i would buy the fastest most forgiving car i could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough but I had a CSL as my everyday car for nearly two years (even driving it snow FFS) and I didn't prang it...

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a driving god grin.gif

I doubt i would prange an M3/CSL. But its nice to know that the RS4 is more forgiving.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not all of us can be a god behind the wheel like you Chris ROLLEY~14.GIF

Aaaah, you guys - thats so sweet. smlove2.gif

Wouldn't consider myself anywhere near a driving god (in bed possibly but thats another story tongue.gif) but safe and adaptable to the conditions.

As we seem to get every kind of road condition possible in this country you have to be adaptable beerchug.gif

CHRIST PEOPLE......GIVE THE GUY A BREAK......

everyone will have a shunt or near as damn it......

it seems just because the guy is young your queing up to say i told you so.......by the way...what age are you?

NO ONE LIKES A SMART ARSE REMEMBER......

i honestly think it must be an envy thing....

young boy+fast car=spoilt brat....i dont think so!!

listen my friend.....pick yourself up....dust yourself down.....and get going again...trust me....99.9% of people are not driving gods....and the 0.1 are probably lieing!!!!

poo happens!!! NONO3.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

CHRIST PEOPLE......GIVE THE GUY A BREAK......

everyone will have a shunt or near as damn it......

it seems just because the guy is young your queing up to say i told you so.......by the way...what age are you?

NO ONE LIKES A SMART ARSE REMEMBER......

i honestly think it must be an envy thing....

young boy+fast car=spoilt brat....i dont think so!!

listen my friend.....pick yourself up....dust yourself down.....and get going again...trust me....99.9% of people are not driving gods....and the 0.1 are probably lieing!!!!

poo happens!!! NONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry?

Has anyone actually had a pop at him. If so tell me where. Think youve got your wires crossed.

Eh? confused.gif

I told Wopps glad he was ok and Daz that he should get some driving instruction as we've already discussed on here.

Hardly having a pop at him and I think he knows that. 169144-ok.gif

As for the envy thing there is plenty of nice machinery on here so you've got that wrong too. slap.gif

Yeah sorry Maxy but you've definately got the wrong end of the stick here.

Woppum know's that we are joshing with him. We are sorry that he's broken the new car and knows that it's part of driving experience. There's enough other members on here who've gone though the same experiences. I know that I have.

And no it's nothing to do with envy at all.