Interior Lights

Phantom

Despite having my car for nearly two months now, I have just noticed that the interior footwell & door lights aren't working smashfreakB.gif I know this has been discussed somewhere before but is this simply a VAGCOM programming issue ?, I have to take the car in anyway to get both doors to open on one click of the fob, so will get this looked at too.

Thats what I was thinking, it is down as being a standard fit on the 3.2. To be honest I haven't driven the car much at night yet, will go and check the red LED downlights in a moment, won't be too impressed if it has been ommitted smirk.gif

The value in adaptation channel 61 of the comfort system controller (address 46) needs to be different to enable the foot/door lights correctly.

Saloon/Avant:

0 = no foot/door liights, electric rear windows

1 = no foot/door lights, manual rear windows

2 = with foot/door lights, electric rear windows

3 = with foot/door lights, manual rear windows

Cabriolet:

0 = no foot/door lights

2 = with foot/door lights

Might be worth checking with VAG-COM?

[ QUOTE ]

Hows the new RS4 by the way FIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still grinning like a Cheshire Cat 169144-ok.gif

I can't get enough of the exhaust note in Sport mode. I'm taking the "scenic route" everywhere I go to try and getting the running-in done quickly.

Noticed this afternoon that you don't even get a jack - a compressor and a can of sealant, plus the tools to be able to change the wheel but no jack! Weird... Think I'll visit Halfrauds and get a bottle jack that will fit into the liner in the well.

Went int omy dealer's this morning and for some reason it looks as though I have half the interior light pack fitted to my car smashfreakB.gif.

I have the vanity mirror lights, LED downlighters in the header rail but I don't have footwell lights or door lights. Turns out the lights are fitted to the doors but there is no wiring harness to connect them up smirk.gif

My car was spec'd against the pre-march price list which said that the light pack was included FOC on the 3.2 cabs, they bring out the April price list and the light pack is 'magically' made into a cost option, gits. Looks as though my car made it halfway down the production line when they were told it couldn't be fitted.

Currently investigating to see if I can have the door and footwell lights retro-fitted, hopefully at Audi's cost.

I also asked for the keys to be re-programmed as I was getting fed up of pressing the fob three times to open everything. Turns out you can't re-programme the keys anymore as it is a safety feature to avoid car hijacking etc.

I also need a new rear window lifting mechanism, mine seems to like staying 3inches above the waistline of the car when all the others are down.

I would have thought you could change the locking characteristics with Vag-com, like all the previous models,

one touch opening etc, Its done in the ECU, not at the keys.

However im not familiar with the B7 setup and options, as they have changed from the usual method.

maybe someone with experience of the B7/vag-com can elaborate?

Oh dear what a PITA!

I think you could do with a word with Milo on how to handle dealers in this type of situation. Although taking a while to notice may count against any attempt to reject.

My 2nd cab didn't have the footwell lights, didn't think it would notice much but the back seemed really dingy when trying to get my daughter into it in winter.

Well I am certainly not rejecting , just because the Interior light pack isn't there, its a nice to have and if it can be retrofitted at their cost then great, otherwise I will make do without, especially as I got a free upgrade to the DVD Satnav grin.gif

Still think it should be a standard fit option though smashfreakB.gif

• 4 months later...

So did the dealer say that they could retrofit the door and foot-well lights?

I have seen comments suggesting that they can’t but since my Cab has half the kit anyway can I assume that it’s just a wiring thing? Or is the light control unit a different part number when you have the door and foot-well lights. I’ve tried fishing around in the light cut-outs and can’t find any cables – ok I know this was a long shot! I haven’t gone as far as stripping the door to see what loom exists but I don’t suppose the connectors are just strapped back?

Browsing the wiring diagrams on Elsawin 3.3 it looks like it’s just a supplementary wiring loom that’s needed for the door and foot-wells but does any one now if the main loom has the loom-to-loom connectors?

[ QUOTE ]

Well I am certainly not rejecting , just because the Interior light pack isn't there, its a nice to have and if it can be retrofitted at their cost then great, otherwise I will make do without, especially as I got a free upgrade to the DVD Satnav grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had to return my Cab to the dealer for some warranty work and have asked them to quote for the retro fit of the door lamps and front/rear footwell lights..... I'll let you know.....

My 03 A4 cab has red LEDs, vanity mirror lights and red door warning lights but no door 'puddle' lights or footwell lights. I would like to retrofit them so if anybody has had a go at this would be grateful. In return can help with advice on fitting RNS-E, rear parking sensors, RS pedals and ABT spoilers.....and they all seem to work!

post-12680-137914385407_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had to return my Cab to the dealer for some warranty work and have asked them to quote for the retro fit of the door lamps and front/rear footwell lights..... I'll let you know.....

[/ QUOTE ]

My supplying dealer has just quoted £900 to put the lights in the doors, front and rear footwell lamps....

Taking the p1$$ or what?