RS4 for £45k?

Wolfsbait

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I've seen one at a little under £43k. I went to look at it, no tech pack/sat nav, 2 owners, £18k miles, over a year old and looked a bit tatty on the outside.

Merlot, you seem to be rather good at getting discounts on Audi's, you say you've been offered one on the TT, the A5/S5 and now the RS4 with a sat nav offer + 8%..?

[ QUOTE ]

A5/S5 is just on Autoebid. My dealers would not discount this model.

RS4/TT are out there for face to face deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of any Audi dealers prepared (or daft enough?!) to offer 8.0% off new TT/RS4.

You totally sure of that Merlot? - and for a UK car to order or in stock?

It was 8% off an RS4, I couldn't get half that on a TT. Some dealers' are not selling all their RS4's. 8% still gives them plenty if they meet their back end bonuses but I wouldn't expect to see that discount in many places but 5% should be possible with a bit of shopping around.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree,

from speaking with my mate who works at one of dealers, they don't make 8% on a new RS4 confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He is telling the truth - the front end margin is less than that but he is not telling you the whole story. The back end bonus can be as large as the front end (so to say) if they meet targets. Audi sales are going through the roof at the mo so most dealers can reach overall but sometimes they need to offer a little extra help on some products to get the right mix. That's why some dealers will give you everything to sell an A8 just to get the mix so as to get the back end bonus overall.

[ QUOTE ]

Used one's are at £42K in Audi Dealers now smile.gif Sub £40K before the end of the summer I reckon (hope anyway!)

That's a lot of depreciation to take if you bought new at £List.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but I think when they get to mid thirtys they will stay at that rate for a while. Its so much car for the cash.

[ QUOTE ]

Used one's are at £42K in Audi Dealers now smile.gif Sub £40K before the end of the summer I reckon (hope anyway!)

[/ QUOTE ]

The cheapest one on the dealer network is £42500 and has no sat nav, you have no idea how many owners it's had or what condition it's in either.

I went to see a car about a month ago that was just under £43k, 2 owners, no teck pack, 18k miles and was very tatty. Cars without the tech pack are always going to be a big chunk cheaper.

For a good condition year old car with the right spec and decent mileage you're still looking at £46k ish.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken like a person who is desperately trying to push the prices down so they can afford one! Let's have a look.

The car you have picked is June 06 14k miles and has poverty spec (ie no tech pack), only cost option is SS+.

This car cost approx £50k new so at £42k it has depreciated £8k in the first year or 16% (ignoring dealer spread) - that is pretty damn good for year 1, if it continues at say 10% in year 2 and 7% year 3 that is 33% in 3 years.

OK I am plucking these out of thin air but that is very good 3 year depreciation by anyone's standard.

They are holding on well, and when the S5 arrives I think they will firm up even more, alof of people seemed to think that the S5 would be quick enough and have the RS4 handling, well it seems to have got that wrong, so I reckon a few people will start to want RS4's now instead.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken like a person who is desperately trying to push the prices down so they can afford one! Let's have a look.

The car you have picked is June 06 14k miles and has poverty spec (ie no tech pack), only cost option is SS+.

This car cost approx £50k new so at £42k it has depreciated £8k in the first year or 16% (ignoring dealer spread) - that is pretty damn good for year 1, if it continues at say 10% in year 2 and 7% year 3 that is 33% in 3 years.

OK I am plucking these out of thin air but that is very good 3 year depreciation by anyone's standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

True to some degree - but a bit of an assumption. I could certainly afford a new one right now (and did in fact have one on order way back, but decided to cancel) but felt that they were rather overpriced and preferred to wait and see what the initial depreciation was like. I actually hope your figures are right, because if I do buy one at c. 12-14 months old then I'd obviously like the depreciation to level off as much as you do as an owner already. In terms of spec, given that most of what you need is standard anyway (unusually for Audi smile.gif), I'd hardly worry about it not having a tech-pack when you can get an s/h RNSE unit (the most important bit) for £500!