Peugeot want some of the TT market with this 308RC

Mattchaps

Lets face it, its a Peugeot, it'll be made from old Airfix kits and on a bumpy road it'll sound like a maraca falling down the stairs.

Not sure they will steal any TT owners TBH!

Bring back the good old days of the 205 GTI etc.

In fairness my exposure to Peugeot is limited to airport hire cars, which are usually the cheapest of the cheap (and broken).

They were doing well and using VW engines, but i hear this is to end and they will start making their own?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Lets face it, its a Peugeot, it'll be made from old Airfix kits and on a bumpy road it'll sound like a maraca falling down the stairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can guarantee it'll handle better than any other front wheel drive car 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Really?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can guarantee it'll handle better than any other front wheel drive car 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that was brave with all the GTI owners on here.... grin.gif

169144-ok.gif

Last few weeks I've been driving around in a diesel 307cc and I have to say it's a solid piece of engineering and the engine is a peach.

Just as much go as my old A4 (No, not THAT A4 grin.gif ) and the roof is faster.

Probably wouldn't buy one but it's still a sound & solidly built motor from what I can tell.

[ QUOTE ]

Last few weeks I've been driving around in a diesel 307cc and I have to say it's a solid piece of engineering and the engine is a peach.

Just as much go as my old A4 (No, not THAT A4 grin.gif ) and the roof is faster.

Probably wouldn't buy one but it's still a sound & solidly built motor from what I can tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for the last year I've 'stolen' the wifes 307 XSi. A range topping car grin.gifshocked.gif

It's absolute p4nts- the only thing it has going for it is that the tax, ins, fuel is free (wife pays it). It's done 18k miles in 5 years from new and if anyone wants it- please come round with £5k and it yours (for some reason it's reg is in my name, so I can sell it while she and the kids are on holiday grin.gif).

Okay round London, but hit the loud peddle and I can assure you not even I've been brave enough to top end it.

It's weak, feeble, gets blown around and has the torque of a tortoise 169144-ok.gif

Zooey, Zooey!

Well, possibly a bit harsh but it's one of those that sounded like a great looker tongue.gif, seemed ok as a sketch but looks pretty damn wrong in the flesh. Rear end is a disaster (why the long boot?) and the front is trying too hard to keep a corporate face.

As for Peugeots being the best handling front drivers - not for a while now. While the 205/309/306 might have been pretty damn good, the bloke who engineered them has no retired IIRC and the current ones are distinctly ok only (and slow, unreliable etc).

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

....Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most manufacturers excel at one thing, and with the french its their front wheel drive chassis's, Peugeot's sporty numbers have always been fantastic.

[ QUOTE ]

Most manufacturers excel at one thing, and with the french its their front wheel drive chassis's, Peugeot's sporty numbers have always been fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

....That may be so, but either by luck or design it's a well known fact that VW got the chassis of the MK5 GTI right too.

I don't have enough experience of driving Peugeots to comment but I certainly don't like the body styling of this latest offering posted.