Colour DIS retrofit

stevej69

[ QUOTE ]

D.I.S can be colour or all red, nav works with both, but I always thought that if you didn't have the D.I.S you lost the cluster nav instructions. Probably wrong, I usually am! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not this time grin.gif I don't have DIS, but have RNS-E and I don't get any directions in the cluster. frown.gif

I have been messing woith this on my S4. I have the gsm phonekit also and I can get it to display MP3 and radio info or telephone numbers (incoming and outgoing).

I think I may be able to mess with this more to get both after looking at navplus.us but to be honest, the RNS E display is plenty big enough to display the radio info.

I do get the Nav info in the DIS though, cycling through the DIS computer, I get NAV, display off, DIS 1, Dis 2.

[ QUOTE ]

I thought you had to have DIS to get the navigation up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look on Navplus guys on there have it working on both the red and colour displays. On the A4 the red display can be a bit tempramental - some people report having to turn the RNS-E off and back on having set a route.

BTW the RNS-E only puts something on the display when either you have an active route, OR you've turned on the compass display.

AND you use the RESET botton on the bottom of the wiper stalk to cycle between off, trip 1, trip 2 and nav.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I thought you had to have DIS to get the navigation up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look on Navplus guys on there have it working on both the red and colour displays.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they are both DIS, you get 3 options, monochrome DIS, full colour DIS and no DIS at all.

You can't spec an Audi with RNS-E whithout adding DIS to the car as well.

You can of course fit the RNS-E to a car without DIS, but not sure if you would be able to get the Nav instuctions up on the cluster if it doesn't have DIS, I thought the cluster was slightly different.