Audi A4 Production Delays

thompsmr

Hello new to this forum. I have just ordered a new A4 2.O TDI and have been told by Audi that the delivery date is march 2011. I have spoken to Audi and get different resason as to why there is a delay. The latest being there is a production delay right accross the Audi range. Has anyone else come accross this. I don't mind waiting but i think 6 months is a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

The delays sound about right, I ordered my A6 at the end of March for delivery early June. A week after ordering I was told that delivery slipped to the end of August. In the end it arrived a week earlier but I told them I'd wait for the new plate in September. The reason for delay given was the global popularity of Audi at the moment and something to do with the UK exchange rate meaning that it was more profitable for Audi to sell anywhere other than here and hence they're restricting supply. I have no idea if there's any truth to that but the car was worth the wait :grin:

Nothing would surprise me i have had at least three different versions for the delay from the dealer and audi UK. Look like i will have to wait after all it will be worth it.

I wonder if BMW are doing the same.

There should be bods around who have ordered a 3 series and are finding their delivery slipping too. Have a look/read on some other forums/general internet. Especially if it is exchange rate related.

• 4 weeks later...
I heard that if delivery is later than promised AudiUK will give you a loan car.

That's true .... but they don't promise a date until the know when it'll be. If something goes awry e.g. the boat gets stuck on a sand bar etc then they will help you out.

• 3 months later...

I ordered an A3 convertible in june last year and I'm still waiting for it! I was given dates for september, october, november and two dates in dec. However in dec they told me it would be March 1st. I emailed them yesterday to find that my car isn't even in this country! Their customer service is non existant and I haven't even got an apology never mind anything in compensation. They did offer a courtesy car but had to insure it myself and my insurance company wouldn't do this so it was an empty gesture and they knew this. Had I known all this I would have cancelled but they drip feed you false lies and promisesbut never deliver

Avoid. If I were you I'd cancell and go with a company that has their act together and gives a damn

I have over a dozen clients currently waiting for Audis and VW's that should have been delivered in 2010!!! Its doing my head in let alone theirs!!!

I've heard that Audi AG are building LHD cars in preference to RHD ones as they make better profit margins on them, so RHD cars keep getting pushed to the back of the build queue.

Audi really are on a roll, they outsell BMW and Mercedes worldwide and are growing v. quickly in the US. I personally think there are better products out there so I'm not sure why there is so much demand. Audi also say they were the only car company not to make a loss in the recession. I know a guy that just ordered a 520d that he got straight away, he would have had go wait 6 months for the Audi, both brand new.