Matt Black Wheels?

Mac

I have to say I'm not a fan of the black wheels. They did look kind of ok on a Melbourne red M3 I saw (the one with the open window) but all things considered I think silver/polished is the best route forward.

I think they can suit bright coloured cars. In the flesh they work on the monte Carlo edition and with the green:

h0719_00_1815.jpg

I know it`s a case of each to their own...and personal preferences.etc..etc...but Black and Blue don`t work for me....Some manufacturer's have Black wheels on the option list...but in most cases you can only spec them with certain body colours....That would seem to suggest the designers/possibly focus groups as well have come to some sort of agreement about which colour combo`s work...Nevertheless...it still a personal choice

2-Alloys must be silver/grey, black alloys make the tyres look lighter than the rims which isn't good, and the eye needs a light colour to make the wheel fill the arch and complete the 'shape' of the car.

3-I know f*ck all about car design.

Point 2 is sorted if you have low enough profile tyres on large enough alloys +++

Point 3 true as you say!

There are certain rules that apply to car design.

1-White paint looks crap on anything newer than 1983, apart from Fiat 500s. However, Japanese (particularly Honda) cars are exempt due to white being their National racing colours or something like that. It's more of an off white anyway.....let's stick 'Championship' in the paint code, makes you feel like you've won something..

2-Alloys must be silver/grey, black alloys make the tyres look lighter than the rims which isn't good, and the eye needs a light colour to make the wheel fill the arch and complete the 'shape' of the car. In line with the above, said Japanese car may also have matching colour wheels. White on white. It's the law. Changing to black or gunmetal when your bored of trying to keep the ****ers clean is also acceptable.

3-I know f*ck all about car design. Don't we all ;)

Edited as someone moved the close quote tag...

Edited by Arch

....or buy a big gay truck and dress up as a builder?

Despite his dressing up in women's clothes, I would like to vouch for the quality of Daz's workmanship, as well as the speed he managed to do it in. And the price. Experience-wise, I'd say it's 100 times better than the other builder we used to do some work on our bathroom - and that was a good mate as well :rolleyes:

And just to be clear, it was his building services we used, not his ability to pitch up in a big gay truck - which he did - and very well, indeed :P