I've, err, bent it. Again. A bit.

patently

Oh poo! Long as you're ok. The other driver maybe slightly p1ssed off though!!

He was 100% sportsmanlike. I've apologised, we shook hands, all behind us. The Clerk of the Course was less amenable about it, and disqualified me.

We're both fine, btw.

How the fück did you manage that?

Accidentally had one wheel on the grass when I hit the brakes. Grass was wet thanks the the rain that had started arriving during that lap - hence no grip on that side. And round I went.....

I can see another issue too.

Too many slower drivers infront. All weaving around - especially the bloke with the white back. Earlier in the race. (maybe the same bloke you hit?)

We do have a contingent of little terriers who usually qualify at about 6th to 12th or so, and who insist on fighting every corner to the bitter end for the entirety of the race - thus actually slowing each other down. Meanwhile, the group at the front vanishes into the distance at qualifying pace and then only starts to jostle for position in the last three laps or so.

All very academic for me, though.

Anyway, here's the rather more successful first race where I went up from 26th to 20th despite a few near misses:

Oooppps! Well you've got something in common with the F1 boys now as the old "rear tyre on the grass when I hit the brakes" excuse is well tested +++

Doesn't work with the Clerk of the Course though :uhoh:

It's a good job Grosjean and Maldonado have stopped crashing into people or we'd have a name to call you :grin:

Glad you're ok, but sort your qualifying out and you might not be scrapping so much. How's your general race-pace in comparison with the rest of the field - close to where you finish?

It's a good job Grosjean and Maldonado have stopped crashing into people or we'd have a name to call you :grin:

:grin:

Glad you're ok, but sort your qualifying out and you might not be scrapping so much. How's your general race-pace in comparison with the rest of the field - close to where you finish?

That's the plan. It's pretty clear to me that I'm not as quick as I want to be. There seems to be an element of "me" in that, so there are a few areas I'm looking at and getting some training on. However, I'm also going to try & use the opportunity of this repair to try and get a setup done by one of the better race teams, as others seem to have cars that are more willing to go round the corners than mine :confused:

That's the plan. It's pretty clear to me that I'm not as quick as I want to be. There seems to be an element of "me" in that, so there are a few areas I'm looking at and getting some training on. However, I'm also going to try & use the opportunity of this repair to try and get a setup done by one of the better race teams, as others seem to have cars that are more willing to go round the corners than mine :confused:

Good news. When you make mistakes, as long as you learn from them, it's not a mistake... or something +++

Patently - don't take this the wrong way but you need to have some (or more if you have already had some) professional race instruction. Several aspects of the driving exhibited on your video gave me cause for concern. e.g. for quite a large part of the time you seemed to have just one hand on the steering wheel which included the time when you had your accident.

You should be in the local demolition feckin derby, Michael :roflmao::P

Anglesey's a bitch enough when it's dry, never mind when it's wet.

Get your spanners out and you'll soon be back on track +++

Daft bugger :P

Oh, and only take your hand off the wheel when you're actually changing gear...