My RS Update

Woppum

Isn't it about your commercial value to them? He only has two Ferraris after all - I mean, ONLY TWO. I did hear a journo (Autocar I think) who suggested you need 5 - presumably new too and from Ferrari to qualify.

I am sure there are rules to be bent though.

Quite frankly, that attitude towards customers would simply stop me buying any Ferrari, they wouldn't get my money (if I had any).

If everyone thought like that, when all their collectors die off, they're f*cked because they alienated the next generation who would have actually used them rather than look at them.

Unless of course their strategy is that they aren't a car manufacturer, they are a merchandising company and the cars are simply the bait for idiots to buy their jackets or other branded sh1te?

• Like 1

Quite frankly, that attitude towards customers would simply stop me buying any Ferrari, they wouldn't get my money (if I had any).

If everyone thought like that, when all their collectors die off, they're f*cked because they alienated the next generation who would have actually used them rather than look at them.

Unless of course their strategy is that they aren't a car manufacturer, they are a merchandising company and the cars are simply the bait for idiots to buy their jackets or other branded sh1te?

Unfortunately on the whole they drive with an unrivalled edge, the brand is wrong like no other and if you buy the right piece in recent years values are protected. I can't see the demand deminiahing, if anything sadly it make certain people want them more. Luckily they let me buy the best car they have made in recent times for me, the Speciale.

I couldn't agree more.

But if I won the lottery I'd still buy two :uhoh:

• Like 1

I have to admit, I wouldn't.

Yes, I know, I shouldn't be on here and saying that, but they don't excite me.

I am a simple animal & like my Q-car type saloons.

I would commission a new Holden Commodore HSV in a non-descript colour.

Everyone who knows what that is knows where I am coming from.

Everyone that doesn't would be surprised by it.

I know the sums of money are way way higher, but this is where Wopps gets it so right. He will rarely lose money on a car, in most cases he will make small fortunes on them should he come to sell. So many people say, If I won the lottery I'd buy....

• BMW M5 / M6
  • Merc C / E 63 or SLS
  • Audi RS6

etc. etc.

But you will lose BIG money on all of these.

• Like 2

I have to admit, I wouldn't.

Yes, I know, I shouldn't be on here and saying that, but they don't excite me.

I am a simple animal & like my Q-car type saloons.

I would commission a new Holden Commodore HSV in a non-descript colour.

Everyone who knows what that is knows where I am coming from.

Everyone that doesn't would be surprised by it.

Well you better hurry up as GMH/HSV will be building no more after August IIRC...