Audi RS3.

TP27

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right. Just been to Stealer to "order" my RS3. They looked blank, having kept me waiting for 15 mins whilst I was ignored and then called head of Marketing for the A3 at Audi HQ in Milton Keynes, to be told that :-

1) No such car is going to be built - V6 Bi Turbo will not fit in enging bay AT ALL shocked.gif.

2) S3 is at least 2 years away crazy.gif.

3) Don't believe what you read in Autocar mad.gif.

The upshot is that they will not take an order and place my name on a "list" and they cannot give me prices or a 'spec' for the up and coming S3. Are we all being diddled? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif TP.

[ QUOTE ]

Right. Just been to Stealer to "order" my RS3. They looked blank, having kept me waiting for 15 mins whilst I was ignored and then called head of Marketing for the A3 at Audi HQ in Milton Keynes, to be told that :-

1) No such car is going to be built - V6 Bi Turbo will not fit in enging bay AT ALL shocked.gif.

2) S3 is at least 2 years away crazy.gif.

3) Don't believe what you read in Autocar mad.gif.

The upshot is that they will not take an order and place my name on a "list" and they cannot give me prices or a 'spec' for the up and coming S3. Are we all being diddled? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Had my name down for one since last year

Riz

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain please Riz,

I have a sort of verbal agreement with my dealers (probably because he is a good freind aswell) that I have first refusal on any RS models comming up..

it's nice to know that he will phone and tell me when to expect it and whether or not I want it..

RS3 would be ideal for me.. but want to see the spec first and I wasn't massivly impressed with the 3.2V6 A3 Manual frown.gif

Dave

Done a bit more digging and spoken with Autocar. Their Article on the RS3 is finalised and going to print (four page special) to be published on Tuesday (20th April). Their information is that the S3 IS DEFINITELY on its way next year and that the RS3 IS in the pipeline. Their source is direct from the Audi Engineers in Germany through their German Editor. I also believe that Audi have registered "RS3" in the UK as have VW for the "R36" prefix. Interesting times ahead. smile.gif This time next year I suspect the new S3 will be here or at least on its way. Happy motoring!! beerchug.gif .....so....maybe Riz will be the first TSN member to be driving the RS3 in the UK after all. TP. yelrotflmao.gif

TP27,

Most dealers will have internal lists (nothing to do with Audi Uk) for "unannounced" cars such as the S3/RS3 etc. Basically it'll just be a database for their own use and once the cars are announced then their initial allocation will allocated to each person on a first come first served basis according to that database.

I know my dealer has about 7 or 8 names down for the S3 and over 10 for the new off roader (pikes peak thingy).

I think this will be what Riz32 means by having one on order ECLIPSe.gif

Oh yea.. don't doubt you mate..

but I reckon you are looking at at least 24months.. Look at the facts:

a) No S3 yet

b) RS models tend to come at the end of a production run to give a glow effect on the range.. look at RS4 and RS6.. both produced at the end of the model run

c) No spy pictures of A3 avant anywhere??.. you would expect to see a mule somewhere

d) The quattro GMbH factory has limited production and only has capacity for one RS model at a time.. what's comming first .. RS4 or RS3??

Agree... interesting times ahead

Dave laugh.gif

After the rumours about a RS3 being reviewed in a mag next week I asked my contact at Audi UK :

Currently no such car exists. it will be interesting to see what they are reviewing!

Audi are planning on introducing an S3 but the engine/power etc are still under discussion.

Time frames for the S3 are likely to be approx 12 months from the introduction of the A3 Sportback (the name of the 5 door variant - N.B. NOT avant). This therefore seems unlikely until the end of 2005/beginning of 2006.

There are currently no plans to introduce an RS3. It is not even on the design plans that Audi UK are looking at and these run up to at least 2007. If an RS3 was to come out then, in keeping with Audi's lifecycle, it would be about 2 years after the S3 i.e. 2007/8.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes but that is Audi Uk and they dont seem to be aware of much these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. I called them today to ask what the 2005 model year changes were going to be for the A3, and they didn't have a clue! Not very good seeing as the changes are meant to be going through in only 6 weeks or so.