RNS-E & TMC - Free DVD Upgrade

Just had my Sat Nav upgraded today FOC. It was a hassle because my A6 was the last production of the C5 version (2005) that had the RNS-E fitted as standard. I was told by Audi Customer Service that it was FOC after lengthy conversations to explain the difference between the MMI in some A6's (£100 cost) and the RNS-E version in some others (free to A4/A3's). Why they made a charge to A6 MMI's is beyond me!!!! After another fruitless conversation with the local dealer I had to go back to Audi Customer Service to confirm that it was to be FOC. I was told that "Germany", who are apparently paying for the warranty upgrade were not supporting the C5 A6 upgrade and I would normally have to pay £210 for it. However as I had been told it was FOC it would be done as a goodwill gesture. The labour cost of doing the upgrade is borne by the dealer and cannot be claimed under the warranty. This may account for some dealers trying to make a charge. My original disk was left in the car so the dealers do not appear to require it back for their warranty claim.

If it is a warranty claim covered by Audi Germany it should explain why retrofit would not normally be covered.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

There should be 2 disks supplied. Disk 1 for West Europe and Disk 2 for East Europe. Only Disk 1 is required to perform the update.

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote Tom Peterkins e-mail to me yesterday, "there's only one disc"!!!! confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say that there is only 1 disc because there certainly is 2 discs no matter what anyone says especially peterkins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down NONO3.GIF Just quoting an "Audi representative".

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter a sh!t where the unit came from, it for an Audi and they are supposed to have TMC working.

If people are having problems getting the discs free then if you want you can PM me, I'll give you my address and you can send your DVD down and I'll get the upgrade for you and stick it in the post to you.

Anyone who pays for this is mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or PM Will 169144-ok.gif

peterb: mine is being upgraded at West London tomorrow. They're part of the same Sytner Group as Reading I think, so you could use that as a lever with your local dealer i.e. ask them to ring their colleagues and cross-check or something; or try Aston Green in Slough (ditto).

Had mine done this morning; took around 30 mins (though also got them to look at a dropping passenger side window, so not sure how long the upgrade took). I now have the 0550 firmware it seems, but no crashing so far.

Works great - as well as any traffic on calculated route (haven't come across any alerts or diverts yet), you can call up all the outstanding ones on the INFO button and (nice touch this) pinpoint them on the map too. Only beef I have is that the M25 ones woud be better shown by junction, rather than all being abbreviated to "M25 CLOCKWISE" which means you have to open each to see if it's relevant to anywhere near you.

Academic if your calculated route takes you through it, of course, as I assume it would then tell you.

Anyway, good prompt service and no admin complications at all 169144-ok.gif

Got the discs via will, Thanks will!!

Put disc in and it loaded itself in 10 minutes.

Came down the A34 3 hours ago and the unit tried to re-direct me.... I KNEW BETTER!! smashfreakB.gif

Sat on the A34 for an hour and didn't move

Who's the twat then ECLIPSe.gif

Brilliant, next time i'll listen, HONEST suicide.gif

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated 169144-ok.gif

• bison unpinned this topic