Shell V-Power...

RedRobin

Following being shown information saying that Optimax would give way to V-Power on 30th September, I've just made a phone call and can only report that Optimax will continue to be supplied and that any change will not signal the end of "high value" (RON) fuel. They are refusing to release any public information at this time and specifically regarding V-Power, the official reply is "No comment".

So, it's reasonable to deduce that V-Power will become available in the UK in the not too distant future but Shell don't want to say when yet, or even confirm this as fact.

Anyone else got any news about V-Power in the UK?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as I know, V-Power is either just a re-branding of Optimax or the next generation of it. Shell UK are keeping their mouths zipped up at this stage. The fact that they were so cagey to my questions suggests something is planned to happen.

I think that the LM winning Audi was fuelled on V-Power Diesel. I wonder if they'll offer a higher performance diesel fuel as well at the pumps.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

V-power in Europe (and Switzerland) is 100 RON.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats all very "political" from what I have heard. When I was in Europe the few tanks of V-Power I filled with made little difference...

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean "political"?

A claimed "ron" rather than an actual... I think all batches vary dont they? And is Ultimate actually 1 less "ron" than Optimax? There were rumors that Ultimate was actually more like 99 and Optimax was 98 but the shell stuff on the continent could be as high as 105.. I dont personally see why it would be different. Surly it would be more efficient for Shell to make 1 type of performance fuel. I always figured V-Power was the same as Optimax, just re branded to be more friendly I suppose on the Euro tongue...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I think that the LM winning Audi was fuelled on V-Power Diesel. I wonder if they'll offer a higher performance diesel fuel as well at the pumps.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are missing the market for quality diesel fuel here. Optimax is the only one, I think???

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember reading in one of Gordon Murrys articles that the diesel used in the R10 was very different to anything you can buy for the road...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IN Norway, I went to a Shell to find some of the V-Power I'd seen advertised on the side of the delivery tankers, and found a pump that had "V-Power 95 RON" and "98 RON" listed as the two grades. I went for the 98 RON.

V-Power is just a brand.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IN Norway, I went to a Shell to find some of the V-Power I'd seen advertised on the side of the delivery tankers, and found a pump that had "V-Power 95 RON" and "98 RON" listed as the two grades. I went for the 98 RON.

V-Power is just a brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Norway isn't in the E.U though tongue.gif

....My thoughts too, NeilB. They say you get more cynical as you get older.

"V-Power" does sound beefier than "Optimax" but Optimax is probably a more accurately descriptive term - Optimum/Maximum efficiency. Apparently once upon a time Shell's what they call "High Value" fuel was called "Nectar".

169144-ok.gif

[so sorry to hear about your Alfa body probs - Sincerely hope it gets sorted out]