Another one

FuntimeFrankie

Frankie - sorry to hear about whats happening. Break ups are horrible especially when you don't see it coming, and everyne here can emphathise with they way you are feeling. The break-in must have really just topped it off - and I can understand why you are feeling totally overwhelmed with emotion right now. You might not feel lik seeing anyone right now but can I suggest you soeand some time with some friends who will take you mind off things for a few hours and who you can have a laugh and a bit of lightheartedness with. It really does help.

All the best mate,

Jamie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Mac has some experience of anti depressants pengy.gifUHOH7.GIF.

For some they are a real benefit, but sadly with GP's writing out scripts before you even sit down for a chat, I would venture that 50% of the depressant taking population really don't need them.

iamwithstupid.gif

They just need a cuddle and the ability to loosen up a bit

[/ QUOTE ]

....I agree with chri5 on this one and I don't agree with Mac. I simply don't believe that it's all down to a chemical imbalance beyond our control which cannot be influenced without the use of drugs. But, that's another subject.

[ QUOTE ]

Mac's right. Red Robin's wrong. It's not a matter of opinion. It's just fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Oh, if you say it's fact then I'm sure it must be fact. You'll be telling me next that 'medical science' knows absolutely everything. But if it works for you then it works. It's just not black and white in my opinion and experience.

cool.gif

The core science is correct - the issue is people who are just 'sad' getting prescribed anti-depressants in my opinion.

Imbalances causing depression have been linked to similar conditions causing shizophrenia, autism and early onset alzeimhers too.

Do you think people suffering from those sort of illnesses are also just 'going through a phase'?

Depression & clinical depression are mental illnesses - that's a fact - just as real as the ones mentioned above.

Medical science may not know everything but I'd wager they know more than you or I coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....Oh, if you say it's fact then I'm sure it must be fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a medical doctor?

...thought not. Don't be so stubborn - lots of people have experience of depression and treatments for it, as it's a lot more common that most people assume. smashfreakB.gif

Never used them myself, but have known plenty who have.

Sorry Frankie - for the hijack - I hope everything falls into place for you 169144-ok.gif

I've started to live by the idea that things are exactly the way they're supposed to be. Sounds odd, but it certainly helps me deal with things I find troublesome.

Good luck mate 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I wish I could say it's cos I cheated on her, or have treated her badly, but I haven't.

She's on antidepressanst at the mo, and can't sleep because her mind is over-active. I'm trying to help, but if somebody keeps refussing help, what can you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a tricky one. It's tempting to blame all your relationship problems on the depression, but maybe it's more complex?

... If she's been on the anti-depressants for over 4 weeks, she should be feeling a lot better!

Good luck! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...thought not. smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Another one who says it's unchallengeable fact. Try keeping an open mind sometimes. Each to their own opinion, or if you prefer, their own statement of fact.

I have direct personal experience of challenging established medical doctors/scinece in The High Court no less, and proving them wrong by their own conclusive tests. I don't believe everything I'm told. I have no more to say on this subject.

Frankie, if your gf is truly depressed she won't be in a state where she can cope with extreme situations. She may actually create extremities such as kicking you out because that seems like a solution to working hard at a relationship. Its a fairly common happening and sometimes people get better and can work through where they want to be and what they want. I guess part of your role is also deciding what you want and whether you want to be in a relationship with someone who is prone to this sort of illness. Not everyone does, not everyone understands it and it is a two way choice. frown.gif

Only time will let the two of you talk things through and work out what you both want.

Whatever happens you know we'll listen. 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...thought not. smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Another one who says it's unchallengeable fact. Try keeping an open mind sometimes. Each to their own opinion, or if you prefer, their own statement of fact.

I have direct personal experience of challenging established medical doctors/scinece in The High Court no less, and proving them wrong by their own conclusive tests. I don't believe everything I'm told. I have no more to say on this subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me giggle.

Whatever, but re. this sentence: "re the anti-depressants - They just put off and don't cure imo"

- what do you think the cure is?

...a big wad of cash? some good sex? FFS Robin - depression isn't the same as being sad.

Sorry to hear the news Frankie. Without being you and knowing the ins and outs of your relationship its very difficult to advise but I believe a clear head helps these matters.

Give it a day or two, take some time to compose yourself. Like all matters in life, things are quite often not as bad as they first seem. It could be that your gf worked herself up into a state and did what she did in a moment of irrationality. Spend a couple of days with your kids, send her a text message/email or whatever saying you're giving her a little time to herself then compose your thoughts, work out what you want and send her a letter, perhaps even some flowers 169144-ok.gif

James hit the nail on the head guys - you've got a whole forum to rant on about anti-depressants...

I've spent the day just chilling with my kids, and thinking about all that has been written, and I feel much better. I've decided to pick some things up tomorrow, and stay at my sisters for a week or so, I'm going to give Tina some space, and see how things pan out, she has asked me to go for counselling with her, I'm not sure I actually need it, but I said I would go, with an open mind.

I'm overwhelmed with all the support and words of advice, on here and from all the PMs I've had, from the offer of TVs to a pint, you lot really are terrific, and I thank you all, very much 169144-ok.gif

think most of us have been there buddy, its hard but keep your chin up, get yourself out in the open air, ie dont lounge in the house, keep yourself fed and watered, and as hard as it is,in a couple of weeks, once you know exactly where you stand, things will start to pick up, there aint no short term fix to it i'm afraid, family works best for me,

chin up 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to give Tina some space, and see how things pan out, she has asked me to go for counselling with her, I'm not sure I actually need it, but I said I would go, with an open mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

....You probably don't need counselling yourself but it's for the sake of her current state of mind and the relationship. As soulboy says, it's an excellent sign that she cares enough to want to find a solution.

169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif Think Positive